Is it possible to link two blocks so they are mirrored?

I was trying to get this to work with global blocks but had no success. What I'm trying to do is reamp using the AXE-FX III and have both AMP blocks to be linked together so if I change one it changes the other. Same for the drive block, etc.

You're going to need to elaborate.

What does "change" mean in this case?

If you mean (for example) you have Amp 1 in preset 1 and you make a setting change to that block and save the preset, then you want those changes to also be applied to Amp 1 in preset 2, that is where Global Blocks come into the picture.

If you mean something else, please provide a detailed description... But, in general, that's the only way to "link" blocks.

If I move the gain knob on AMP 1, AMP 2's gain knob changes. If I change the amp model on AMP1 AMP2's changes. etc. Basically I want a stereo amp block.

this would be rad if possible, but thus far I've not found a way to do this myself either.

I use a lot of parallel processing for bass, and if I want to add a pitch block for example (to use the virtual capo for example), I end up needing to adjust each block when changing things in the dual (or triple) signal paths. It's a minor annoyance but linking blocks would be rad.

this would be rad if possible, but thus far I've not found a way to do this myself either.

I use a lot of parallel processing for bass, and if I want to add a pitch block for example (to use the virtual capo for example), I end up needing to adjust each block when changing things in the dual (or triple) signal paths. It's a minor annoyance but linking blocks would be rad.
For virtual capo use cases, you could probably put it at the start before your 2 or 3 paths split off. But for other use cases that won't work

nana changing GIF

If I move the gain knob on AMP 1, AMP 2's gain knob changes. If I change the amp model on AMP1 AMP2's changes. etc. Basically I want a stereo amp block.
Other than assigning the same modifier to the same controls in both blocks, no.

Are you wanting different input to both amps? Amp block output is already stereo.

I use the same scene modifier for gain on a two amp (stereo) preset. Not only does this allow me to use the same amp channel but allows me to adjust gain levels based on which scenes I've configured.

I suppose that this could help with your requirement. Set it up like this and then adjust the percentage in the scene controller you've assigned. Will change whatever it is assigned to.

Yeah I've done it before with modifiers, it works ok but it's a bit of leg work to get working and you're limited to just a few select controls. Can't cycle through different amps/drive sims/etc.

Ideally the amp block would have a "stereo" mode, but I realize that might be challenging to implement because of the complexities of the AMP module. Maybe an enhancement to the link/load feature would be able to achieve this with less firmware changes.

Most amp sims these days have a "stereo" option, that's what I want but with the AXE-FX.

Some of these ideas can be done, but at what cost? Most users would be confused and consider them bugs. The ecosystem is already fairly complex, if they put in all these ideas it would be a minefield to use the editor.

Simplest workaround would be to tweak one amp block to your liking and then copy and paste to the other amp block in the editor, changing the input mode to the other channel.

Another workaround is to use a mono path with one amp and cab block, and then reamp each channel separately in two passes.

I don't record, or reamp, but If both amps were adjusted exactly the same, what would be the point of having 2?

Oh, ok. I assumed in stereo you would want each channel a little different in tone.
You would, otherwise it is just mono L plus mono R which you can do with one amp, unless I'm thinking king about this incorrectly. Does selecting L & R input put both channels.on each output, or does each pass through staying L & R seperate?

Last edited:
Not quite. One amp block will sum the two channels together and then process them. Dual amp blocks will process them each separately. As long as the two amp's are panned accordingly, you will maintain the stereo image that exists before the amp blocks.

Not quite. One amp block will sum the two channels together and then process them. Dual amp blocks will process them each separately. As long as the two amp's are panned accordingly, you will maintain the stereo image that exists before the amp blocks.

So, using a single amp block, if I select L+R for input, both L&R input will get processed and one signal will get sent in equal measure to to L&R out.... errr.. I guess I need to brush up on which blocks sum to mono. I think I knew this at one time, it is so easy to forget all the modeling nuances.

So, using a single amp block, if I select L+R for input, both L&R input will get processed and one signal will get sent in equal measure to to L&R out.... errr.. I guess I need to brush up on which blocks sum to mono. I think I knew this at one time, it is so easy to forget all the modeling nuances.
I’m pretty sure the OP means he’s got a left and right DI in the daw and he’s reamping left and right at the same time. Sounds like the amp block is accepting the stereo input but summing it to mono. If the amp block could process stereo inputs and essentially spit out dual amp processing then that would be ideal. Since that’s probably not doable the workaround is to have a patch with 2 amp blocks processing a left and right signal. This is why OP wanted some good way of linking amp parameters because doing it this way you make changes to one side and then need to mimic it to the other, if he can link all the parameters then it would make dialling it in a lot quicker etc

Ironically there’s another thread on TGF about stereo processing for this scenario but with plugins. I guess it’s a bit confusing because normally when guitarists talk about stereo the signal out of guitar is always mono and then stereo is later in the pipeline. But for what this is trying to achieve, the input is actually stereo (not mono).

Yes. The Amp and Drive blocks process in mono and copy the results to stereo outputs. The Reverb block also sums the input to mono but spreads its delay lines or voices across stereo outputs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom