Ir to bring the vox to life?

heynathb

anybody got any good suggestions as to which irs get the best out of the vox top boost sim on the ultra? any ideas welcome...:idea

I like Jay Mitchell's factory-included farfield IR's with that one. 2x12 G12H, 2x12 Gold.

The 2x12 Blue sounds lovely too. What is your specific difficulty?

The 2x12 Brit is the correct cab if you're going for the standard AC30 into blues tone. It sounds like my real AC30. You typically have to try to tame the "life" that those two have together, not bring more of it to the table. What do you feel you are missing?

The 2x12 Blue is NOT a Vox IR. You may like the sound of it with the Vox, but it's Jensen P12Q speakers speakers which are typically used with Fender amps.

D

The 2x12 Blue is NOT a Vox IR. You may like the sound of it with the Vox, but it's Jensen P12Q speakers speakers which are typically used with Fender amps.

D

+1 It's often mistaken as an IR of Alnico Blue speakers.
The 1x12 Blue however is an IR of an Alnico Blue (10").

Alt. use greenbacks (4x12 20w or 25w) because these are also often used in Vox amps. Less chimey highs.

thanks for the help guys, my problem seems to be that my vox sounds a little flat through my home monitors, so i was thinking a re jig of the cab set up might help. where could i find the Jay Mitchell far field irs? Cheers N.

thanks for the help guys, my problem seems to be that my vox sounds a little flat through my home monitors, so i was thinking a re jig of the cab set up might help. where could i find the Jay Mitchell far field irs? Cheers N.

What monitors are you using? The topboost is a very bright amp. If you find it flat, I think something may be wrong with your rig or your configuration.

D

What monitors are you using? The topboost is a very bright amp. If you find it flat, I think something may be wrong with your rig or your configuration.

D

I agree, it is a pretty bright one.
sure you're not talking about the Class A sim? The Top Boost is sometimes called that in other modelers...

Back
Top Bottom