IR QUESTIONS-DID MY OWN CABS TODAY

CBoothe01

I tried to post this in the USER CABS/IR section but for some reason I don't have posting permissions in that forum.

I spent the day in my "Man Studio" shooting IRs of my Marshall 425A with G12Cs. I was surprised at how well they turned out and plan to do all my cabs soon, with different mics.

I have a question though- the most tedious thing, after initial setup, was using the scroll wheel to name all my IRs. Is there an easier way to do this? I tried rename in Axe Manage, but when I sent that to the axe the IR was lost.

Also- I did these at relatively low volume an the came out fine. But does the level of how an IR was captured impact the level of the cab block once its done? In other words if I capture one at low level and one at how level will the high level cab be "louder?"

All in all though this was really easy to do and a lot of fun.

Thanks in advance- and mods please move as you see fit.

The level that they were captured at does not affect the level of the cab block. The IR is normalized during capture.

I have a question though- the most tedious thing, after initial setup, was using the scroll wheel to name all my IRs. Is there an easier way to do this? I tried rename in Axe Manage, but when I sent that to the axe the IR was lost.

Use the front panel for naming and saving (for now). Along with the Value knob the X/Y buttons and ABCD knobs are used to name presets and IRs.

IIRC:
X - insert space at current position
Y - delete current position
A - numbers 0-9
B - upper case letters A - Z
C - lower case letters a - z
D - move cursor left/right
Value Knob - scrolls through special characters, numbers, upper case letters, lower case letters.
< - move cursor left
> - move cursor right

Using the X/Y and.ABCD knobs to name presets and IRs is really easy.

I expect a difference in sound between an IR captured at low volume and one captured at high volume.
The mic, speaker and room responce etc isnt flat.

All- thanks for all the replies. I am happily surprised at how well they came out. I captured a Marshall 425A with G12C speakers, a 1960AV with a mix of V30s and G12H30s (each speaker individually), and a 1960 Slash model (the old one) with V30s. Each one was done with an SM57 and Sennhesier E906. I may do it all over agin this weekend, because now that I know what I am doing I wonder how much better they can be.

BTW, for what it's worth I used Axe edit to name the cabs into the user slots I wanted before I captured the cabs. Worked like a charm and I didn't get carpal tunnel with the value wheel!

Back
Top Bottom