Invited to buy .. but $ or €?

chalky

Hello, I finally got my invitation to purchase an FM9 Turbo after waiting for some months, but I’ve got a horrid feeling that I’ve signed up for the USA waiting list and not the Europe waitlist (I live in UK) because when I press the link on the invitation, it goes to a dollar amount, I’m not a euro amount
That doesn’t seem to be any way of contacting to ask anybody, hence this to the forum
I’d be very grateful if anybody can help me out here.

In addition to that there seems to be a massive discrepancy between the prices in the ‘States ($1699) and the price in Europe (€2299). Does anybody know why that should be?

G66 is the distributor in Europe, in Europe there is no waiting list at this point
The price difference has been discussed in numerous threads. Below a few reasons for the price difference:
  • Price is including VAT, the US price is shown without sales tax. With 20% VAT, the equivalent would be $1699 x 120% = $ 2038,80
  • Warranty is 3 years vs 1 year in the US, in the US you can extend the warranty for $169,99, this would bring the total to $ 2038,80 + $ 169,99 = $ 2208,79, with current exchange rate this is € 2064,28. So the “net” difference is €2299 - 2064,28 = € 234,77

This difference does not seam unreasonable to me given:
  • The units have to be shipped from the US to Europe.
  • The distributor will have to make a profit to make a living

You are right, G66 seems to be the right port of call .. so I don't know how I got an invitation from the states but there it is, so it seems there is about a £300 difference between the states and Europe at the moment which I wasn't quite prepared for and I'll have to have a little think about that. I have been using Boss GT 1000 into a Bose PA for many years, and I have enjoyed its simplicity, and its portability after lugging, heavy two, amps around for far too long, but at the end of the day, the GT1000_USBDriver tour approximation, and I'm very curious to know whether the big leap in expenditure to FM9 really does pay for an audible improvement in tone... FM9 is also Digital after all.

G66 is the distributor in Europe, in Europe there is no waiting list at this point
The price difference has been discussed in numerous threads. Below a few reasons for the price difference:
  • Price is including VAT, the US price is shown without sales tax. With 20% VAT, the equivalent would be $1699 x 120% = $ 2038,80
  • Warranty is 3 years vs 1 year in the US, in the US you can extend the warranty for $169,99, this would bring the total to $ 2038,80 + $ 169,99 = $ 2208,79, with current exchange rate this is € 2064,28. So the “net” difference is €2299 - 2064,28 = € 234,77

This difference does not seam unreasonable to me given:
  • The units have to be shipped from the US to Europe.
  • The distributor will have to make a profit to make a living
Thanks, got all that :)

You are right, G66 seems to be the right port of call .. so I don't know how I got an invitation from the states but there it is, so it seems there is about a £300 difference between the states and Europe at the moment which I wasn't quite prepared for and I'll have to have a little think about that. I have been using Boss GT 1000 into a Bose PA for many years, and I have enjoyed its simplicity, and its portability after lugging, heavy two, amps around for far too long, but at the end of the day, the GT1000_USBDriver tour approximation, and I'm very curious to know whether the big leap in expenditure to FM9 really does pay for an audible improvement in tone... FM9 is also Digital after all.
FM9 worth his price , trust me ;) and you can t be wrong with G66

Back
Top Bottom