Intrumental Jazz fusion direct recording

calleballe11

Experienced
Hey all!

We just finished recording a jazzfusion album with a great bass player named Mai from Estonia.
One of the songs is recorded directly guitar-axefx-macbook so i thought it might be interesting to share.
I can also share the patches if you want.

Mostly im interested in feedback on the SOUND, the playing is what it is,
but please let me hear what you think about the tone, and dont be afraid to be honest!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/savingblue/10-362

EDIT: oops, wrong file so the guitars in the beginning is accidently dubbed but you get the idea :)

I like the tone. Sounds a bit like early John Schofield stylistically, but with much more delay. Definitely more effects-laden of a clean than I hear from a lot of jazz fusion, but its good. I like it.

What kind of guitar are you using?

Nice stuff, like the sounds and the playing. Sort of a little bit of a Shawn Lane and Bill Frisell kind of vibe. I like! Like the other comment it's a bit wet on the effects but I imagine that's what you're going for and I think it works.

Lovely, of course without the drums and bass it 's just a collection of notes but that's the magic.

I like the tone. Sounds a bit like early John Schofield stylistically, but with much more delay. Definitely more effects-laden of a clean than I hear from a lot of jazz fusion, but its good. I like it.

What kind of guitar are you using?

Glad you like it. Hmm yeah maybe its a bit wet on occasion, specially the lead tone. Im using a roadworn 50s style strat with a Seymour duncan little 59 pickup in bridge position.

Very nice tone and playing. Really Hendersonesque! A little less delay (maybe lowering feedback and a tad o'mix) would help.
Love the phrasing, right up my alley. Reminds me a bit of Scott, a little Holdsworth, Landau and Greg Howe thrown in the mix.
The drummer rocks!

I love the guitar tone! What amp are you using? I like the effects too. Can you post the patch so I can try it out?

Really impressive and nice. I really liked the megadelay wet part in the start at 0.14. Then in the lead part maybe to long trails. But really nice!

really great playing and tone. I agree with what's been said about turning down the delay a bit, maybe use the ducking feature to help clean it up?

Don't let it bother you - I love delay too. It's not over-bearing IMO.

I love this kinds of music and you're playing is great. The tone does make me think of Shawn Lane, your note choices are more inside than out so I don't hear as much Henderson as some (that's a good thing too, imo).

I love hearing original fusion that isn't too noodley or wacky for wackiness sake. Good stuff, keep it up and keep sharing!

Excellent tone and playing! I loved it. It definitely has a Scott Henderson vibe to me which I love.

I would love to get the patch as I am looking for a very smooth flowing tone like that. I would probably turn down the delay in both mix and feedback, otherwise flawless. Please share!!

Nice playing. Agree with too much delay, but otherwise good. Does sound more shredder fusionish than Frisellish, but there's some nice atmospherics in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom