Into the Return intense buzzing

I've just upgraded to an Axe 3 from the FM3, and with the FM I never had this issue. I'm using the same new XLR to 1/4 to go into the return of my solid state amp. There's a hellish ground type of noise coming from the speakers at all times with the Axe. It's bearable.. sort of like the hum you'd expect out of some guitars or amps, but like... not desirable either if you can avoid it...

Guitar choice doesn't matter, and even separating the cable from possible interference has no effect.

I made a huge mistake last night in pressing the ground button on the back of the Axe. Holy guacamole. That almost took my ears from me for life. My 4x12 unleashed a banshee's wail that was absolutely demonic.

Is this normal? It's not influenced by the amp model whether clean / dirty. So far it seems if the Axe is on and plugged in I'm getting this noise.

Thanks.

Gosh darn it. Yep.

I only ordered this dumb XLR -> 1/4 for that FM3. Using output 3 with a Mogami 1/4 was all I had to do to solve that problem.
WTF? Is the cable crap, or is it some inherent thing with this setup?

Gosh darn it. Yep.

I only ordered this dumb XLR -> 1/4 for that FM3. Using output 3 with a Mogami 1/4 was all I had to do to solve that problem.
WTF? Is the cable crap, or is it some inherent thing with this setup?
Who knows with those kinds of cables. The 1/4" outputs are expressly designed for what you want to do so use those.

Back
Top Bottom