Intermittent silence switching presets with MFC since V10

This sounds like an issue with the LF. I don't think we ever gave the MIDI spec to them so they must've reverse-engineered the protocol. I wouldn't be surprised if the LF isn't quite adhering to the spec. I will contact Jeff and get him the info.

This sounds like an issue with the LF. I don't think we ever gave the MIDI spec to them so they must've reverse-engineered the protocol. I wouldn't be surprised if the LF isn't quite adhering to the spec. I will contact Jeff and get him the info.

Could you please make the MIDI spec public and not just to Jeff? That would be awesome for other controller builders.

Thanks, that's great. :encouragement:

This has happened to a number of users with the MFC, myself included.

When this started happening to me (v10.0) the baffling thing is that for each song preset in my LF software, I am sending every midi on/off effect message that I need for that passage of the song AND I am sending a scene CC. (actually the Fractal receives the scene change CC first, and then each effect on/off and x/y state).

So it was really baffling to me to have both units working FLAWLESSLY for 10 months, and then have this scenario where the first scene was supposed to Amp1X. I was sending the X midi command. I never turn Amp1 off, and don't have the IA for Amp1 on/off in my midi programming, I only have x/y programmed. but the Axe recalled Amp1Y. It ignored the midi command I was sending to it...but only the first time I went to that preset after a power up.

So, I have duplication in my programming. If I create four presets for a song: verse, chorus, bridge, solo and include the scene change for each LF, and also send the midi CC's for effect on/offs and x/y states, I can cycle through the 4 presets, and then save on my front panel to redundantly save those scenes to the Axe. I could therefore disconnect my midi controller after that, and merely spin the A knob, and get the same results.

How is it that this worked ROCK SOLID for almost a year, and then I am a guy that is not only saving the scene 1 should be Amp1X, AND also sending the midi commands for Amp1X on scene one, but the Axe Effects completely ignores how I've saved the scene AND the midi CC's I'm sending to it.

And, it ONLY does this the very first time I go into that Axe Patch, after a power up, and then it doesn't do it again for the rest of the time I'm playing that day?????????? And it only does it with 2 presets out of 65 in my axe II?

Why is that a Liquid Foot issue?

PS - I haven't had this issue since I wiped those 2 problematic presets out and started over.

Yes - but I haven't had it happen since I upgraded. I am hoping that takes care of it - I will certainly post if it recurs.

Please let me know if it does. The update was specifically supposed to address this. That's why I'm concluding it's an issue in the LF.

Ah.. So FAMC probably reverse engineered an older MFC firmware and adopted the same small glitch - makes sense - it would be great for you to bring them on board with the specification

Please let me know if it does. The update was specifically supposed to address this. That's why I'm concluding it's an issue in the LF.

This is great news! I must have missed that in the release notes.
As always, Cliff, your dedication is appreciated.

If it happens during a time where you can evaluate things do the following: go into the layout menu and bypass each block one at a time until the sound comes back. Then check the X/Y state of that block.
It happened again after updating to 10.12. So I bypassed the reverb block on the silent preset and the sound came on. So I deleted the reverb block and just put a shunt in there and all seems fine now. So far I can't get it to be silent no matter what I try. Thanks so much for the advice. If it happens again I will let you know, but I feel good about it now. Played in church and no problems. Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom