Interface working/not working list no longer applicable??

Shaloha

Inspired
Getting ready to buy a midi interface...a lot of the interface problems had to do with the old editor...does anyone know if the types of interface problems which gave birth to the list might now be eliminated or reduced? Or were they mostly related to issues between the Axe itself and interface...not really editor related at all? In other words, can I ignore the interface working/not working list and just buy whatever I want, or should I wait for the new editor to be released and let people try out their stuff and see what happens? It seemed like the old editor was to blame for most of the later interface problems...so...interface problems a thing of the past?

I would never count out hardware compatibility issues, but you're correct about the original editor being the weakest link in the process. The new editor is written in native code and should eliminate a large number, if not all the compatibility issues that the original java based editor had. If you can wait, wait. The functionality of the new editor could help shape your i/o midi needs.

Back
Top Bottom