interesting find - eqs at zero on brit pre sounds pretty good

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
after watching the recent joe bonamassa rig rundown video where his tech was describing how joe has one of his jcm2000 set to clean but with all eq knobs set to zero except the mid at 2, i tried the following on the brit-pre amp:
- dime the drive knob;
- set all eqs including presence and depth to zero, with the mid at 2;
- all other parameters at default;
- boost the front end further with a ts808 with zero gain
i thought it sounded pretty dandy with my les paul..
moral of the story? extreme settings sometimes work.

I've had interesting and usable results using similar settings with the JVM models... knocking the tone controls to zero and bringing them up in tiny increments. Fantastic amps.

Whenever you set the bass and treble to zero the tone stack becomes basically "flat" and the mid becomes a volume control.

info like this is invaluable!
ya know... this has probably been mentioned before. A tip of the week/month would be awesome. I know Cliff is busy, but there are some amazing resources right here on the forum. Maybe put together a couple of the advanced users, they submit their weekly/monthly offering to Cliff for review.

Johnny Winter sets all his tone controlls to 0 except treble at 10 . Bass 0, Mid 0 ,everything else 10 . I dont know how he gets a usable tone especially with those Musicman amps ??
On Still Alive and Well My favorite - he apparently used those settings on a Marshall .
Maybe these blues guys were onto something

info like this is invaluable!
ya know... this has probably been mentioned before. A tip of the week/month would be awesome. I know Cliff is busy, but there are some amazing resources right here on the forum. Maybe put together a couple of the advanced users, they submit their weekly/monthly offering to Cliff for review.

+1 on this idea and it needs a stickie !

+1 on this idea and it needs a stickie !

I think it is great as it is now. Whenever someone has a problem or even a made discovery to share, Cliff is supporting, adding or solving. He's constantly in touch with his customers, and thats great. How many companies have such a business approach? No need for extra! Others like Yek i.e. add these useful informations to the wiki page which is great, too. So what you want somehow already exists.

Back
Top Bottom