Wish Improved Auto-Swell effect

polanoid

Inspired
Currently I basically have to shortly mute all strings before playing a note that does actually trigger the swell effect. For my use it would be better if the Auto Swell effect had a mode where it functioned like its equivalent in Amplitube 5 which also triggers when I play notes while others still sound. Also, a choice of the detection input for the trigger would be great (FX Input vs Input 1 etc) so I could place the swell e.g behind a high gain amp and still let it trigger from the original input signal. If all of this is already possible I would also appreciate help how to get there.

Isn't the Threshold setting for that?
Not really, I think. The first part of the wish seems to be for something like this, where almost any note attack would retrigger the swell without the need to drop below the threshold first: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/various-presets-tricks.135770/post-1607737

Having the detector on the clean DI signal (maybe with some low cut) can be more reliable with a high gain sound, particularly when there's some low end noise as you mute quickly and resume playing. It would be even more important with a real transient detector since picking another note while others are ringing tends to do less to the amp output level as you use more gain.

How do I use these .syx files? When I try to import them as presets, AXE-Edit III tells me that the file contains data for the AXE FX II.

Isn't the Threshold setting for that?
As far as I can tell, the threshold only sets a level below which a new attack phase is triggered. This won’t help me when I play a new note while the old one is still sounding. If you have the chance to do so, try the Swell effect from Amplitube 5, it works beautifully there so it must be possible somehow. There must be some kind of transient detection going on there, more than just a detection of overall level change.

As far as I can tell, the threshold only sets a level below which a new attack phase is triggered. This won’t help me when I play a new note while the old one is still sounding. If you have the chance to do so, try the Swell effect from Amplitube 5, it works beautifully there so it must be possible somehow. There must be some kind of transient detection going on there, more than just a detection of overall level change.
Got a clip of the AT version?

Here’s a version without Reverb & Delay FX. Note how I let the chord ring while playing single notes, which still trigger the volume envelope. I have found no way to emulate that with my AXE.

Attachments

• AT5SwellWithoutFX.wav.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
How do I use these .syx files? When I try to import them as presets, AXE-Edit III tells me that the file contains data for the AXE FX II.
Yeah, those are Axe Fx II blocks and further they have (unsupported and not directly accessible) modifiers assigned to controls via FracPad. I don't think those will work on Axe Fx III... Possible FracTool could convert them but not sure.

Yeah, those are Axe Fx II blocks and further they have (unsupported and not directly accessible) modifiers assigned to controls via FracPad. I don't think those will work on Axe Fx III...
The internals in the presets changed between the generations.

Possible FracTool could convert them but not sure.
Al says he’s removed that ability.

Post in thread 'Can someone help with converting AX8 preset to FM3'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...verting-ax8-preset-to-fm3.199488/post-2484899

Back
Top Bottom