Importing Single patches from Backup

slinky005

Power User
When I go to manage presets in Axe edit, my Fractal Bot files are greyed out.
What format of file am I able to import in this way?
Ideally I would like to go into a backup from Bot and pick and choose by preset.
Is version of FW when backed up relevant?

When I go to manage presets in Axe edit, my Fractal Bot files are greyed out.
What format of file am I able to import in this way?
Ideally I would like to go into a backup from Bot and pick and choose by preset.
Is version of FW when backed up relevant?
I could be wrong, but I think you have to import an entire bank with fractal bot.

Manage presets are to import single or multiple presets only, but not from the bank file backups.

hmm, i thought you could load them and pick and choose from the list that loads on the left panel. i'll have to try when i get home.

I could be wrong, but I think you have to import an entire bank with fractal bot.

Manage presets are to import single or multiple presets only, but not from the bank file backups.
I do remember doing this in the past, just not sure what file type I was importing.

if I'm not mistaken... you can select multiple presets (that are currently loaded) in the preset browser using shift... and then export them and it exports as individual... so in theory you could load the whole bank, then export as singles, then pick and choose.
(top of axe edit select presets, then bottom right and manage, then select all holding shift or ctrl-a, then export)
also... mr grenadine has fractool that will split up a bank into individual presets outside of axefx... then you can load them individually. hope something there is A accurate and B helps lol.

i think the issue is where/how you're trying to load that file. without seeing what you're doing it's hard to say what's going wrong, but i pull individual presets from the Factory banks all the time.

Problem solved: In Manage Presets I dragged the bank into the browser. Other wise it would not see the directory.
What I was doing was Browser > Open Directory > Choose folder
Thx a lot Chris - you kicked my brain in the right direction.

Last edited:
Problem solved: In Manage Presets I dragged the bank into the browser. Other wise it would not see the directory.
What I was doing was Browser > Open Directory > Choose folder
Not to state the obvious, but a file isn't a folder... ;)

It's simply a bank A backed up in fractal bot. Not doing anything special.
I downloaded the factory presets, tried the same thing but they are greyed out as well.
Not to state the obvious, but a file isn't a folder... ;)
Browser > Open Directory > Choose folder
Just for fun: Go into Axe edit -
Manage Presets > Browser > Open Directory > Choose Folder
You "Choose the folder" to import the File.

Browser > Open Directory > Choose folder
Just for fun: Go into Axe edit -
Manage Presets > Browser > Open Directory > Choose Folder
You "Choose the folder" to import the File.
My point being you have a prompt to choose a folder. That is why you couldn't select a file.

Had you chosen the folder that the file was in, I'm pretty sure it would have opened the file (or files) within it.

My point being you have a prompt to choose a folder. That is why you couldn't select a file.

Had you chosen the folder that the file was in, I'm pretty sure it would have opened the file (or files) within
This exactly how to import a preset from a backup.
Once you select the folder and click on OK you will see all the presets in the backup on the left pane.
You can also select the auto Audition button and hear the preset before loading it by highlighting it.
Select the preset you want then drag and drop it then save it.
A small learning curve but this does work.
I use this feature all the time to load old AX3 presets into the FM9.

Back
Top Bottom