I'm so glad the Axe is not made in China

That's not even cutting corners, it's just plain stupid. He has more work to do picking it all up again and putting it on the conveyer properly than if he'd just done it right to begin with. :|

Let's face it: there are morons all over the world. And 'Made in China' has gained a lot of positive reputation over the last years.

Ah.. I forgot American's need to bash the Chinese since China is stronger than US nowadays. ;) Just so everyone knows... US is in more debt to China than there should be money on this planet. I don't mean to be too political. I simply don't like the China bashing when their money is holding US together.

That being said (being someone who's actually been to China) I think China is strong because they do as they are told and not because they are generally smart. This video is a good example of that. :D All those piano virtuoso kids don't have a regular childhood...

Ah.. I forgot American's need to bash the Chinese since China is stronger than US nowadays. ;) Just so everyone knows... US is in more debt to China than there should be money on this planet. I don't mean to be too political. I simply don't like the China bashing when their money is holding US together.

That being said (being someone who's actually been to China) I think China is strong because they do as they are told and not because they are generally smart. This video is a good example of that. :D All those piano virtuoso kids don't have a regular childhood...

Trust me dude, if someone in America was doing this, we would be slamming them too. Sorry, but that is just someone not giving a sh## about their job, that could be anywhere, where you from again...JK.

I don't look at it as China "bashing" I think most would prefer to have things built in the USA especially if they are American Companies. Corporate Greed always looks at profit before jobs and doing things best for America as a whole. They still can be very profitable building in the USA and provide so much to America with jobs which reflect to more people working, less on entitlements, and more income tax revenue by these worker hence less debt. This is common sense IMHO.

the title of this thread is jacked up but to turn it into a political thing is just more jacked up. that worker could be anyone anywhere on this earth

Me too!!!! I only learned the pentatonics and modes, I missed the eastern scales when I was learning. :)

I've met and worked for a few Chinese people and think they are great. No different than anyone else.

What's crazy is the money China is keeping everything afloat with comes from the consumers in this country, then they loan it to the government so they can keep it all going .... ?

the title of this thread is jacked up but to turn it into a political thing is just more jacked up. that worker could be anyone anywhere on this earth

True, probably loading American products to import to China.... He is probably American, looks can be deceiving.

SAY WHAT??? On what planet is that true? :shock
You are definitely not an engineer, then.

There is 'cheap china' and 'not so cheap china' nowadays. The latter often at the same level of quality than what is being made in US or western europe, but at a much lower price.
The reasons why you probably never encountered a 'not so cheap china' product yet is that
1) most companies are not interested in 'not so cheap china'-parts as 'cheap china' usually does the job
2) 'not so cheap china' plus taxes, shipping cost and delay (6 weeks for the average freighter transport from china to europe) makes 'not so cheap china' less of a good deal.

MFC-101 and Atomic CLR - long waiting list - Made in China.
Axe and all Matrix products - made in the US and England - nearly instantly available.

My Atomic FRFR tube amps are fantastic and Made In China. Made In China by itself doesn't mean the product is crap. The iPhone in my pocket is made in China as is the Macbook Pro I'm typing this on.

If a manufacturer wants to make something for the cheapest cost possible, they'll have it done in China. Of course, they're probably also spec'ing out something that's completely barebones and designed with every possible corner cut. If such an item was made in the US, it would probably still be crap.

Well, I still see some (even as an European) pride in electronics made in the US. And I think that the fact that the very delicate Axe is produced in the US make room for lot's of small improvements between a Mark II and III because the Chinese just don't have room for sudden changes in the production. You present your concept and wait for months - and has to be sure that special components are ready available. If not - look at the CLR. Back in the queu.

I've been working in electronics mfg for 35 years and have seen alot good and bad quality US and China made products. My company has done alot of "repair" work over the years on offshore assemblies. The biggest issue with China is you really need good oversite, boots on the ground. They are perfectly capable of making good product if monitored. I know many people in this business that do just that. The problem is a lot of small and medium electronics manufacuture's don't have the budget for the correct amount oversite and they end up with junk. Of course if the design is bad then you have no shot at it. And yup we owe our a$$ to the Chinese, what a bunch of idiots we are....

I've been working in electronics mfg for 35 years and have seen alot good and bad quality US and China made products. My company has done alot of "repair" work over the years on offshore assemblies. The biggest issue with China is you really need good oversite, boots on the ground. They are perfectly capable of making good product if monitored. I know many people in this business that do just that. The problem is a lot of small and medium electronics manufacuture's don't have the budget for the correct amount oversite and they end up with junk. Of course if the design is bad then you have no shot at it. And yup we owe our a$$ to the Chinese, what a bunch of idiots we are....

Right you are, but I still owe it to Fractal to keep production of the Axe in the US because the production still are small numbers. In favour of us.

This guy is a compleet ass clown... Don't care what country your from to have a work ethic like this is just plain wrong. I hope the air port this guy is employed with sees this and fires him.

Back
Top Bottom