If you play at home, plugin or modeler is all you need

Fowleri

Inspired
For people who live in apartments or who just play at home, not live or band, all you need is a modeler or a plugin, and a good set of studio monitors/headphones.

Anything else is just koolaid and overkill. You don't need a 100w amp for home use, not even 25w, that's absurd.

Tube amps and even solid state were created for live playing, that's where they shine, you have to crank them up, especially tubes.

Having a big tube amp at home is just you trying to imitate and look cool like your heroes, except you're not cool lol. The plugins will serve most people who only play at home, the only downside of them is that it binds you to the computer.

From a financial perspective, though, they can't be beat, they may not sound as good as Fractal and Quad Cortex, but is close.

Buy a pair of HS5 studio monitors
A couple of plugins from Neural DSP like Petrucci and Soldano
You're set

Anything else more than that is just GAS, which you should take some gas-x

Last edited:
For people who live in apartments or who just play at home, not live or band, all you need is a modeler or a plugin, and a good set of studio monitors/headphones.

Anything else is just koolaid and overkill. You don't need a 100w amp for home use, not even 25w, that's absurd.

Tube amps and even solid state were created for live playing, that's where they shine, you have to crank them up, especially tubes.

Having a big tube amp at home is just you trying to imitate and look cool like your heroes, except you're not cool lol. The plugins will serve most people who only play at home, the only downside of them is that it binds you to the computer.

From a financial perspective, though, they can't be beat, they may not sound as good as Fractal and Quad Cortex, but is close. You could even torrent the plugins and use them for free, not the right thing to do, but it exists and people do it.

You're set

Ummm, I make my own decisions as to what I need & don't need. Period!

From a financial perspective, though, they can't be beat, they may not sound as good as Fractal and Quad Cortex, but is close. You could even torrent the plugins and use them for free, not the right thing to do, but it exists and people do it.

You're set

I play in 2 live bands, record at home and regularly play very loud through both my tube amps and my FM9 at home.

I also still use my tube amps at some gigs although that is getting more rare these days. But thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom