Ideas on carrying FRFR speakers to live venues

smc

Hey all,

I recently purchased the Red Sound ELIS.8 Stero Bundle speaker cabs for live gigging.

While they aren't particularly heavy, nor bulky, I'd still like to find a better method than having to carry one in each hand. Does anyone have suggestions or experience on transportation methods for these two speakers?

I'd be looking for something that completely contains the speakers, has wheels, and a handle. Something like a 22 in. Pro Grade Rolling Tool Tote Bag, although this bag wouldn't fit both speakers. Bonus if it can also fit my FM3 and FC6.

Important note: I live in NYC, so getting to and from gigs would usually require that I take an Uber. This means that the bag or cart would need to fit in the back of someones trunk.

Last edited:
Pack mule or sled dogs perhaps???

Honestly, I always used a hand truck w/ inflatable wheels to take any bumps w/ ease. Keep a couple strong bungee cords w/ it & you're good to go.

While they aren't particularly heavy, nor bulky, I'd still like to find a better method than having to carry one in each hand. Does anyone have suggestions or experience on transportation methods for these two speakers?
I use Studio Slips' ELIS.8 bags, which can be ordered with shoulder straps. I almost never use the straps though, because my guitar is in a gig-bag so it's over my shoulder, freeing my hands for the speakers.

You can have a touring case made that'd fit everything, but it'd be heavy and bulky. You might be able to find a rolling case that's capable of holding a single speaker and either the FM3 or FC6, though for the FM3+FC6 I use the bag I had Studio Slips make too. I put the gig-bag on my back, the FM3+FC6 on a shoulder, and carry the speakers IF I don't have very far to walk otherwise I make two trips. :)

Beyond that, yeah, a horizontal hand truck like Costco sells would be my next purchase.

I use Studio Slips' ELIS.8 bags, which can be ordered with shoulder straps. I almost never use the straps though, because my guitar is in a gig-bag so it's over my shoulder, freeing my hands for the speakers.

You can have a touring case made that'd fit everything, but it'd be heavy and bulky. You might be able to find a rolling case that's capable of holding a single speaker and either the FM3 or FC6, though for the FM3+FC6 I use the bag I had Studio Slips make too. I put the gig-bag on my back, the FM3+FC6 on a shoulder, and carry the speakers IF I don't have very far to walk otherwise I make two trips. :)

Beyond that, yeah, a horizontal hand truck like Costco sells would be my next purchase.
Hey Greg, I got my Elis.8 (wonderful!) and I'm thinking of getting Studio Slips but wanted to ask a quick question: do the Studio Slip allow leaving them on when using the speaker? By that I mean: do they have openings (front grille for sound, rear for connections, top for handle)? With these features, I'm ordering today. Thanks!

Hey Greg, I got my Elis.8 (wonderful!) and I'm thinking of getting Studio Slips but wanted to ask a quick question: do the Studio Slip allow leaving them on when using the speaker? By that I mean: do they have openings (front grille for sound, rear for connections, top for handle)? With these features, I'm ordering today. Thanks!
The speaker needs to be removed. There’s a wrap-around zipper that makes it easy to open the bag and lift it out.

See “Studio Slips gig bags for Red Sound ELIS.8 bundle” for photos of my pair.

Back
Top Bottom