I wish I would have listened...

haymez

I wish I would have listened when Scott (not *that* Scott) told me to forget all the other amps I was looking at and pick up this new processor - some rack unit Fraggle Rock thing. The dude practically begged me to try it.

I wasn't hearing any of it. I wanted a real man's amp, an all tube amp whose glowing vacuum tubes would melt my face. Not some modeling toy that would be outdated with the next Line 6 release.

I chased tone. I bought a series of ever-pricier amps. I piled up pedals. And I got close, but couldn't cover all the ground or count on reliable sound coming from those glowing vacuum tubes to provide consistent face-melting. Don't get me wrong, my face got pretty warm at times, but never sustained Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-OMG-Buddy-just-opened-the-lid melting.

Long story short, a few years (3 1/2) and several amp/pedal/speaker combos later, I was willing to try anything. I circled back around and decided to give the Fractal Audio thing a try. It has succeeded in doing what all that other crap could not do - It's glowing LCD screen Melts. My. Face.

Back
Top Bottom