I want my money back!!!

The Ricki Nelson song and Black Night were practically identical. I would love to hear a mashup of those two. Deep Purple is still one of my all time faves. Their live album from 1989 called Nobody's Home is one of the best live records I've ever heard.

I'm crushed. Not all that surprised but crushed nonetheless... not really... that's way too funny. :lol

not familiar with the original song, but the black night riff is a blatant lift (assuming this is all true) -- was this settled in court? entertaining video, but very poor to plagiarise like that without referencing the original artist.
as many will know, led zeppelin also plagiarised a good number of riffs.

not familiar with the original song, but the black night riff is a blatant lift (assuming this is all true) -- was this settled in court? entertaining video, but very poor to plagiarise like that without referencing the original artist.
as many will know, led zeppelin also plagiarised a good number of riffs.

Your not familiar with Summertime? I always thought that type of old blues was timeless, Guess not,. Billy Holiday made the first pop hit of it. She wasn't to bad :) One of a kind. Yoo much heroin got her-sad.

I was always a huge fan of Ritchie ... right up until *just after* I saw Rainbow at "Monsters of Rock" ... the concert was fabulous ... the backstage interview with Ritchie that appeared in "Sounds" the following week ... well, for some reason, Ritchie decided to wear a set of black fishnets and suspenders (what americans woudl call a "garter belt") for the photo set ... kinda lost hero status at that point ... ;)

nobody is completely original.music is like an ongoing story where the details get changed over time to make it more interesting.the message of the story remains,but the characters and set change with the times.

anybody who is worried about plagiarizing,think about this,Mozart borrowed from Beethoven,Beethoven borrowed from Bach,Bach borrowed from Vivaldi etc.etc.etc.
as long as it's not blatant and you put your own twist on it,all's well.:)

"You are what you eat". We're all filled with a "hodge podge" of influences whether we see them or not. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. Songs I've written years ago can find slight traces of something/someone else even though that was not my intention in the least.

Back
Top Bottom