I need 3 switchable pitch settings, what is the best way to do this?

BeckWreck

I'm playing a piece of music that is going to require me to switch from D mixolydian in 3rds, D mixolydian in 9ths, and then a minor in 9ths, and then back to no pitch. i was thinking of having the first setting on a preset, as the phrase lasts longer, and then switching presets for the next phrase and expression pedalling between them. what is your opinion?

I think using scenes and scene controllers is the best approach for this... You can assign modifiers to the appropriate parameters in the pitch block, and then use scenes to enable/disable the block as well as the scene controller value for adjusting the pitch settings.

EDIT:

Sorry, I just realized this is not in the Axe Fx II forum... [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the thing I'd like about the II. Scenes would change my entire game. I was trying to program something in MaxMSP do emulate it, but I don't have the knowledge. Now, if anyone wants to trade a II for an Ultra...

That would be my option Beck. I would setup a patch that has the first pitch setting....then create a second patch that has two pitch blocks...which you can then switch using either an IA attached to the bypass....or I used to use my expression pedal and just cross the min/mid/max settings so they turn on/shut off simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom