I have gone full circle - awaiting delivery of my second Axe FX II....

....and this one is going nowhere!

Up to now, I have owned two Kemper Profiling Amplifiers, two Line 6 Pod HD500s, various modelling amps etc. I also owned an Axe FX II mkII up until February of last year. It was an amazing bit of kit, but so complicated. I sold it and bought a Kemper. Although the amp profiles were great, I really missed the effects and routing options of the Axe. There wasn't much in it, in terms of pure amp sounds (IMO), at that time. I have learnt a lot about effects and how to tweak them in the meantime.

My Axe FX was on FW12 when I sold it, so I'm looking forward to trying out the Ultrares cabs, G3 amp modelling and the new reverbs!

Tuesday cannot come quickly enough :).

Is the Axe FX complicated? Yes it is.
Is there a way to do everything it does but in a simpler way? I don't know if there is but I can't imagine it.
The Axe is complicated because it does a lot but if you want to use it in a simple way you can build a template with amp+cab and a few "pedals" and run with it, you don't need to dig into complicated routings, automatizations, advanced tweaking unless you want to do it.

There are a lot of good sounds you can get without going into the more advanced parameters.

I have also come full circle. I have not had the opportunity to try an axe yet but I do have an eleven rack, which is cool, but I know
The axe- is WAY cooler and can't stand not having the best, even though it makes no sense financially. I don't care! I am going all
in, guitars, amps, all of it is going up for sale and I'm going for the axe. The Kemper is a static device depending on the profile itself.
With the axe you can MAKE the profile inside the box. I have read until I am blue in the face and just need to give in, nothing better
is coming anytime soon, trust me on that. There is a lot of stuff close, but not close enough!

I have kpa, 11r and AxeFx II and believe in me the AxeFX II is now very much better than all the rest. G3 is big upgrade. Kpa is good but after a while all profiles start to sound the same. I never like 11r.

To take my thoughts one step further and also for those still deciding. I have been playing for 35 years and have had pretty much
a dose of everything this box emulates. For me to now accept that the axe-fx can serve all my amp needs, is HUGE. Now I
Just need to go get it. I hate to sell my Marshall's and rack gear, but I can't move it anymore! This is a blessing in disguise I now know.

Had an AxeFxII Mk.II for my daw and another in my live rig, then I became unemployed. Sold them both, then switched back to the 11r I had stashed at my dad's place. While it does the job, it's nowhere near as good. With gainful employment finally on the horizon, I should have another FAS box in custody by fall.

I also left off at FW12.xx.

"Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."

Napoleon Hill

Learning the Axe is a test of patience, persistence, and sweat.

Back
Top Bottom