I also need help copying a tone...

Need help with this lead guitar tone...

Camila - Todo Cambio - YouTube

You can catch glimpses of what I think is the guitar amp behind the singer/pianist in the video, assuming it's not just there for show, but I can't really make it out.

I'm using AxeFx Ultra, I don't expect anyone to acually dial it in and send me the sysex file for the patch, but if you could tell what type of amp they are probably using that'll get me started. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Sounds like a fender amp with an overdrive to me, but I am not sure. I can't see what amp it is in the video.

Jens

ay 30 seconds the camera pans across and you can see the input jack socket and controls are on the top. it actually looks like a peavey classic 50, which i think is a tweed type amp

Thanks for the input. The response I got somewhere else also mentioned OD in front of Fender. With my experiementation last night this seems to be the closest so far.

Simeon is right in that the controls are on top, I also see a metal tag (likely the logo) in the center front. I don't think the Peavy Classic series had the metal tags though.

Thanks for the help guys. I think I got something fairly close: Tube Drive -> Deluxe Verb -> 4x12 25W -> a bit of mid-scoop.

Anyone that's interested:

Drive - Tube Drive: LV Tube, 5.5 Drive, 4 Tone
Amp - Deluxe Verb: 6.43 Drive, 6.10 Bass, 2.83 Mid, 8.86 Treb, 8.03 Presence, 9.17 Volume, boost & bright off
Cab - 4x12 25W
Filter - Peaking, -5db, 900Hz, Q=2

I really don't know enough to mess with the advanced stuff, so basically this is what I did. It's close, and sounds better than the original patch I used, at least on my KRK Rokit 6 at bedroom level. I'll see how it really sounds tomorrow at band practice...

Back
Top Bottom