How to set-up AXE-Fx for tracks to be re-amped at a later?

Peteshreds

Hi guys..new to forum..i am interested in how I can set up my axe fx with a patch so I can track rhythms 1 wet (w gain effects etc) for monitoring purposes...And 1 a dry clean Di to be re-amped at a much later date..I used the search function and really did NOT find a definitive answer..Any help would be GREAT!

Re: How to set-up AXE-Fx for tracks to be re-amped at a late

The easy way is just to run a DI box before the AxeFX...

The complicated way is to use the fx send block before you have anything else in the grid, and record Output 1 and 2 to your DAW; one will be dry, the other wet.

I also need such setup, but i was wondering : If i record let's say output2 as the raw sound, will i get the same sound when reinjecting this sound into input 1 of axefx ?

Cool..was hoping somebody would post a "picture" of the axe-fx screen showing exactly what the screen should look like to do so!

Hi guys, I don't know how to post images here, i will try to explain with this:

Row 1--FX Loop (not connected to the end)
Row 2-----Amp-----Cab-------------------------------------------
Row 3
Row 4

Now take a cable from the Balanced Output 1 L and put in your soundcard (make sure to use +10 Line Input if you want to bypass the mic preamp of your interface). This will be your "WET" output.
Then take a cable and connect it from the Output 2 (FX Send) unbalanced L to your soundcard. This will be your "DRY" output.
Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom