How to control scene changes with Reaper

Darrell Popham

I am trying to figure out to make patch and scene changes in Reaper for my band's backing tracks. I can get the patch changes using the bank/program control but I need to know how to change the scene as well. I searched here and youtube but could find the answer. I found videos on other DAWs and it seems the trick is to add another midi control for the scene change but I can't figure out how to do that in Reaper.

I am trying to figure out to make patch and scene changes in Reaper for my band's backing tracks. I can get the patch changes using the bank/program control but I need to know how to change the scene as well. I searched here and youtube but could find the answer. I found videos on other DAWs and it seems the trick is to add another midi control for the scene change but I can't figure out how to do that in Reaper.
The easiest way is to add a midi item, open the item and then select View, Mode:Event List and manually enter a CC #, channel, location/time (4.1.00 for bar four, beat one) and a value between 0 and 7.
I think the default CC for the AX8 is 34 but just check and make sure.
Hope that helps.

The easiest way is to add a midi item, open the item and then select View, Mode:Event List and manually enter a CC #, channel, location/time (4.1.00 for bar four, beat one) and a value between 0 and 7.
I think the default CC for the AX8 is 34 but just check and make sure.
Hope that helps.
That worked. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom