How much longer...

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
..will it be til the Axe-Fx becomes a standard backline item that every touring sound provider typically provides. So you could just put 'Axe-Fx II' on a show rider along with other 'standard' touring gear like Marshall heads, 4x12 cabs, Ampeg bass cabs, Shure 57s and 58s, etc.

The thought crossed my mind in another thread about cases for flying with an Axe-Fx. Would be much better if artists could just use the Axe-Fx provided on whatever stage or studio they go to. Just travel with preferred firmware and presets on a USB stick and allow time to prep the magic box before the session or show.

hmm.... I'd say a long time. The problem is that Marshalls and fenders became standard a long time ago when there just were not a lot of choices. Now, with so many choices of amps and other gear, there is no "standard." AXE users still make up a small percentage of players. I have yet to run into anther player in my town who has one. It could happen overt time though.

..will it be til the Axe-Fx becomes a standard backline item that every touring sound provider typically provides. So you could just put 'Axe-Fx II' on a show rider along with other 'standard' touring gear like Marshall heads, 4x12 cabs, Ampeg bass cabs, Shure 57s and 58s, etc.

The thought crossed my mind in another thread about cases for flying with an Axe-Fx. Would be much better if artists could just use the Axe-Fx provided on whatever stage or studio they go to. Just travel with preferred firmware and presets on a USB stick and allow time to prep the magic box before the session or show.

I would guess very soon. It's the best logistics option in the world. Just show up with your instrument and AxeEdit to load your profiles.

Back
Top Bottom