How many people have sold ALL of their gear and now have to hang around without an amp?

I feel your pain. I sold my Axe Ultra while on the waiting list for the AxeII. I use a friends HD 500 to hold me over. Lesson learned. Never sell your current rig before getting a new one.

It's always good to have a backup amp, even a cheap good used one is too to have in the garage for emergency cases.

Sorry, I'm not that dumb :p I have far too many gigs and recordings to do to sell my gear off for any amount of time. The AX8 is just another piece that'll be used - the Axe-Fx II is staying. I'll probably pick up a 2nd AX8 down the line even.
Axe-Fx II - bass big rig
AX8 - guitar/violin/cell/vocal portable rig
AX8 #2 - bass tiny rig (think open mics)

Never sell your current rig before getting a new one.

I sold my ultra early due to the inevitable price drop and would have covered the cost of the AX8 outright if it wasn't for the horrible exchange rate for Canadians....it was a smart move at the time...kinda ; )

Yeah, I moved my Ultra and FCB1010 for 1400. Really couldn't pass that up. I've been playing through a modded Valve junior and my laptop for effects. I also don't know how I ever thought Guitar Rig was acceptable.

Nope, not one piece...I have to work on the weekends playing music so have to keep the gear. (I haven't said on thing to the girlfriend though, she thinks I have too much already...perpetual GAS, and its terminal)

I sold my Axe-Fx Standard but I still have my Mark 5:25 until I get the Axe8. At that time I hope to unload the Mesa to fund most of the Axe8.

I've been amp-less since 2002. I passed my old modeler to a friend, so I bought an Atomic AmpliFire for me in the meantime, which could be really, really long.
IMG-20151218-WA0015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom