How many expression pedals are you using?

How many expression pedals are you using?

• Total voters

Matt_B_77

Power User
As I'm thinking out my pedalboard (for MFC and expression pedals) I was thinking about what my future needs might be for expression pedals. Should I get a board that fits what I have now (MFC + 2 expression pedals) or get one large enough for a possible third pedal.

That made me wonder how many expression pedals you folks are using? I've looked through pages of the MFC pics thread but I figured I would cast a wider net here.

Thanks.

I used to use 2 : Wah & Solo

But because I re-arranged my gear , now I can walk with my guitar on my back , MFC101 + EV1 + AXE FX + cables ALL in 1 Peli 1610 Trolley case , and 1 small light softcase with all my IEM & Wireless stuff :D
Peli case is ready even for Airplanes :):):):):)

That made me wonder how many expression pedals you folks are using? I've looked through pages of the MFC pics thread but I figured I would cast a wider net here.

I leverage 2 for preset versatility. Some presets I create have heavy ambient reverb effects so I like being able to control the mix in parallel with Pedal 2. Pedal 1 is pretty much a dedicated volume control so I can control swells or overall preset volume. Pedal 2 is true expression for Wah, Effects Mix, Rotary/Phaser/Tremolo Speed, etc. Hope that helps!

I use one for wah/volume and a second for various parameters per patch (usually delay or reverb volume or modulation rate)

I use three.
1. Volume
2. Wah/Whammy (it's one or the other based on preset)
3. Time based effects/ feedback (rolls in compression)

XP1 = Tone Morphing
XP2 = Wah
XP3 = configured to a modifier but not currently in use
XP4 = MIDI CC 10 [Axe input volume]

I use two: the bright red one controls master out volume, and the second is per-patch effect control (which is almost always just a wah).

12642628_1127495843928764_7134929379713983666_n.jpg I'm using 2 right now (one dedicated for volume and one that I limited the sweep of with some large rubber stops for wah) and 4 footswitches...I could see adding another expression pedal for things like reverb depth and delay feedback. I don't think I'd have a need for a 4th but it's nice to know the option is there if I need it.

I use three:
(1) Fractal Audio EV-1 for volume
(2) Fractal Audio EV-1 for blend / mix of various effects
(3) Mission expression controller for wah, modulation speed, and occasional whammy

Two. One is volume (I have it before time-based effects like delays so I can mute the sound but have trails going on), the other is based on preset - wah, whammy etc.

I never use expression pedals for switching things like solo boost, MFC has more than enough switches.

Using 3 here.

Xp 1....Volume, usually attached to the cab block(s) 'level' parameter(s).....with a switch to toggle between scene 1 (main rhythm) and scene 4 (solo)

Xp 2....Wah (mostly), or Delay input level, Whammy, depending on preset/scene.....with a switch to toggle between scene 1 (main rhythm) and scene 2 (alternate rhythm)

Xp 3....Acoustic sim volume, or Harmonizer levels.

O have 3 on my board, I only really use 2 though one for Wah and the other for volume. I haven't quite dived deep enough in to use the 3rd one much but i do use it for my tremolo and rotary effect speeds. id like to expand the use of it but not sure for what though.

I use 2 but one of them is a 4E Dual Axis Expression Pedal so it uses two controllers.
1 for volume
Dual axis for wah and panning.

4 here (5 if you count the switch on the SP-1). Depending on the preset, they serve different purposes, but primarily:
1.) Mission SP-1 usually for volume/lead boost pedal, plus toe-down switch for Exp 5, which is used to turn on compressor for feedback, sometimes runaway echo on/off.
2.) Mission spring-loaded EP-1, mostly for wah or some quick echo effect that is used in short bursts.
3.) Roland EV-5. Typically for secondary lead boost with short echo. Sometimes for time based effects like Whammy pedal or changing ms on delay effects (like on an Echoplex).
4.) Roland EV-5. For fading in Flanger, Phaser, Piezo pickup volume, etc.

It's nice to have the flexibility to use the pedalboard in different ways. The way I approach using the Axe-Fx II is a learning experience and in a constant state of flux, I have 4 dedicated Scene switches too, which I use a lot.

Back
Top Bottom