How do we get Feedback from monitors?

maharzan

Experienced
Today, finally, I was able to setup my KRK monitors with Axe FXII and I am recording my new song. I was only playing with my small computer speakers (1990s :D). Though it sounded okay, these monitors really throw the details. I am loving it. At one point, I discovered that a "short solo" could use feedback and I am not sure if we can achieve that with these monitors. I don't have an amp so can't set it up otherwise. If anyone knows how to get the feedback, I would be happy to know. Thank you in advance.

Cheers!! :)

I have KRK monitors. Yes, you can get musical feedback when you have a decent amount of volume.
Depends on the preset and where you are standing/sitting and the guitar you are using characteristics and pickups.
All kind of like a real amp..... LOL.

You will find it in your rig. :)

Thanks guys. Will try that. Is there a position where we get the feedback? I have never tried it so asking.. :)

Depends on the size of those KRK's too. With my KRK Rokit 6's, there's no way I'm getting enough volume out of them to get controlled feedback without blowing them.

You might try a second feed from your Axe into a separate guitar amp just to get the feedback in those cases.

I have KRK6 as well. I did try with about half the volume but I couldn't get it. I don't have a guitar amp.. :(

I think it's more to do with the face; you gotta pull the "feedback face"

You know,

"Oooo-Eeee-Ahhh" etc etc

:eek-new: - :eek: - :nightmare:

I have KRK VXT 4's and get plenty of musical feedback. Make sure that you have your guitar intonated correctly too. You'll never hit the sweet spot in the bends if the intonation is out. IMO, it's just as important as gain and volume, to get the guitar to really sing.

Thanks everyone. I cranked it up today and got the feedback. I didn't get the one I was looking for but this is just the beginning, need more practice. :)

Loudness is relative. I have my own house, so loud for me means my ears don't hurt, but it's too loud to have a conversation. I'm right in front of my desk. I get feedback real easy, even with moderate gating. The room is pretty dead, so I'm not getting echo that I think might possibly mess things up; the guitar gets all the sound right at it. Guitar and pickups can make a difference, too.

FWIW- I have KRK Rokit 6 set. They are set 3 feet apart center cone to center cone.
About 2 1/2 -3 feet off the ground on some small 18" speaker stands.

I have a small typical card table chair I sit on in front of them when I am sitting down.

Dialed up the stock Friedman HBE patch
Sat about 3 feet in front of monitors.
83 db sound level. Nothing too loud. (Wife was home)
Some nice feedback on leads on held notes in 5th to 12th fret range.

If I raise volume higher, I know I can get more feedback easier on certain patches.
The HBE is a juicy patch, but nothing too crazy.

The guitar I used above is a Jaros LP style double cutaway style chambered axe with WCR Godwood/Darkbrust pickups so PAF range pickups.

Back
Top Bottom