How do I set up Mission pedal for volume/wah and where are Katsukuri Youtube videos

jasonwb007

Inspired
The title summarizes it - I saw a great video a while back about how to set up the MFC so you could plug a Mission Pedal into Expression pedal 1 and 2 and use it to control both a volume and wah. Now, this has stopped working with the latest firmware upgrade and the video is gone.

How do I do this? I have output 1 into the MFC EP1 input and output 2 (the mission switch) into MFC EP2 switch. Anyone remember this video?

Thanks, but that doesn't allow me to swap between volume and wah control with the switch. This one also uses the switch input, not the EP input. That was what was so cool about using the switch to drive the EP input - you could control either. Or, did I miss something in this video? It seemed a lot more complicated...

Thanks, but that doesn't allow me to swap between volume and wah control with the switch. This one also uses the switch input, not the EP input. That was what was so cool about using the switch to drive the EP input - you could control either. Or, did I miss something in this video? It seemed a lot more complicated...

same for me, I need to setup an SP-1 to switch between volume and wah, maybe it is in Coopers video but it went by so quick, the Katsukuri blog was more detailed and took a step by step walk through the set up.............anyone??

My guess is if people would have been supporting [paying for] his videos, just like some other even more expensive ones, then probably they still would be up.
It seems like the appreciation raised only, when his work disappeared.

Actually, I had no idea he sold videos. In any case, this does the trick! I was missing assigning EP1 to MIDI parameter 16 and EP2 to MIDI parameter 17 and also, setting the initial value to PDL.

Last edited:
My guess is if people would have been supporting [paying for] his videos, just like some other even more expensive ones, then probably they still would be up.
It seems like the appreciation raised only, when his work disappeared.

Had he put out a video on creative I may have purchase it. There are dozens of ax-fx videos on the web that you can watch for free. He also had a few on YouTube. Are you saying he took his old youtube videos offline and made them pay? I just did a search and found that one.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the response to this question. I would like to ask one other thing...does anyone know of an alternate (better) way of doing the same thing? By the "same thing", I mean setting up the pedal so it controls the Volume with the switch in one position and the Wah when it is in the other. The videos I have seen that use the switch input do not appear to allow the user to simultaneously turn one effect on, while turning another off with a single switch, which is essentially what we are doing here. The key here is the switch, when connected to an EP input, can be set to have a positive or negative slope, thus allowing ON to be OFF for one switch. I don't think you can do that with just MIDI switch sends, can you? Is it possible to change the polarity of a discrete input:

Pretty amazing that you found that video from Chris being that I haven't been able to find any lately anywhere.

Thanks for all the response to this question. I would like to ask one other thing...does anyone know of an alternate (better) way of doing the same thing? By the "same thing", I mean setting up the pedal so it controls the Volume with the switch in one position and the Wah when it is in the other. The videos I have seen that use the switch input do not appear to allow the user to simultaneously turn one effect on, while turning another off with a single switch, which is essentially what we are doing here. The key here is the switch, when connected to an EP input, can be set to have a positive or negative slope, thus allowing ON to be OFF for one switch. I don't think you can do that with just MIDI switch sends, can you? Is it possible to change the polarity of a discrete input:

Set the switch up as an External Control instead of a specific block bypass, then assign the Ext Ctrl as a bypass modifier (access via bypass mode parameter) source for 2 blocks. Swap the min/max or start/end values of one modifier and they'll toggle oppositely of each other.

If you'd use it like this most or all of the time, you could actually keep the switch as wah bypass in I/O as well, set the Ext Ctrl to the same CC# and create a bypass modifier for vol/pan only.

expression question

Hi everyone, Im new here, have you heard of the mission EXP-1 PRO? I just ordered this expression pedal and now am wondering if it is right for what I need it to do. I didn't realize there are quite a few modals out there. Im looking to use it for wah, pitch, delay mix. are the ep or sp modals better or did I do ok with what I ordered? I do see fractal has their new expression coming out. should I return the EXP-1 PRO and get the new fractal pedal or keep it and also get the fractal expression
Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom