How are you liking the sound of your FX8?

Sometimes it sounds good, but sometimes not too good either. Depend on what guitar I play and the monitoring system. It sounds good with my fender avri62 jag but still need oomph. It sounds too trebly metalic with my fender american deluxe tele. it sounds weak and thin with my fender pawnshop mustang. My main amp is fender hotrod deville 410.
I wish every firmware update will always about upgrading the sound quality of the fx8 not only about fixing the bugs or technical prob things.

Sometimes it sounds good, but sometimes not too good either. Depend on what guitar I play and the monitoring system. It sounds good with my fender avri62 jag but still need oomph. It sounds too trebly metalic with my fender american deluxe tele. it sounds weak and thin with my fender pawnshop mustang. My main amp is fender hotrod deville 410.
I wish every firmware update will always about upgrading the sound quality of the fx8 not only about fixing the bugs or technical prob things.

You seem to be describing the sounds of your different guitars. Tele's are bright and glassy (some might say metallic, especially depending on the bridge style). Pawn Shop Mustangs generally have low output humbuckers.

Most players embrace the different levels and tones from each guitar, but you could use a PEQ or filter block at the start of your chain and save various block settings for each guitar to even them out. Or, if you know a preset is for a specific guitar, you can use the level on the Input Gate.

even though I have the x/y switching switched off oli can still program one scene with a set if parameters X and another scene with parameters Y and they change automatically when I go from one scene to another.

pretty cool stuff !

Back
Top Bottom