How about a splash of color for your XiTone....

MicFarlow

Experienced
Vendor
Good day all!

Here are some pics of a cab I shipped recently that we put red hardware on... turned out awesome for sure!

6B37965C-C869-4531-9BD6-96577B38BE1F_zpscmarnbmw.jpg

F2FA27DE-338B-48D2-A097-3CCC8D5A7CFC_zpsynwxchp2.jpg

FBF48C83-E680-472F-ADD1-2F9613308D43_zpsvxuq8iqg.jpg

There are tons of color options available and the charge is only $75, which is the applicators minimum charge.

Thanks all!

Mick

That's pretty trick! Great work as always Mick but now that you have that really nice CNC you have to recess that handal :D

Hey Sixstring!

I agree with recessing the handle and I do that on some cabs already. The challenge with the wedge is that the handle and recess is so close to the edges of the cab that tear out tends to create more repair work than I'd really like to deal with.

Course, since I am not including a jack plate on the side any longer I should be able to move the handle up and in some. That would work for sure!

Thanks for the tip and compliment. I really appreciate it!

Hey Sixstring!

I agree with recessing the handle and I do that on some cabs already. The challenge with the wedge is that the handle and recess is so close to the edges of the cab that tear out tends to create more repair work than I'd really like to deal with.

Course, since I am not including a jack plate on the side any longer I should be able to move the handle up and in some. That would work for sure!

Thanks for the tip and compliment. I really appreciate it!

Ah, I hear you on that one! have you played with speeds and feeds ? if you slow down the feed rate for that tool path and maybe run a 4 flute End Mill you should be able to eliminate tearout, just a thought!

Ah, I hear you on that one! have you played with speeds and feeds ? if you slow down the feed rate for that tool path and maybe run a 4 flute End Mill you should be able to eliminate tearout, just a thought!

Actually, its not the CNC routing thats the issue... it's the roundover that does it. So far, I've not gotten to the top end range of the machine... 200ipm at .5 depth of cut and this thing just purrs... no witness marks or lines at all. Could not be happier with the investment!

Very sweet looking!
That is sexy!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Good day all!

Here are some pics of a cab I shipped recently that we put red hardware on... turned out awesome for sure!

6B37965C-C869-4531-9BD6-96577B38BE1F_zpscmarnbmw.jpg

F2FA27DE-338B-48D2-A097-3CCC8D5A7CFC_zpsynwxchp2.jpg

FBF48C83-E680-472F-ADD1-2F9613308D43_zpsvxuq8iqg.jpg

There are tons of color options available and the charge is only $75, which is the applicators minimum charge.

Thanks all!

Mick
Can you do chrome to match my Krank stuff? Or green? Green is my fave.

I like that a lot! Could you do that in purple? My Mission pedal has a cool purple paint that looks like that style of paint and I would like something like that.

Just curious, what brand CNC did you go with?
Hey Craig,

I got a parts kit from the good folks at CNCRouterParts (CRP) and sourced the aluminum extrusion and cold rolled steel locally. I looked into a lot of different systems and went with CRP because the design was beefy enough to handle a larger water cooled spindle and it was something I could build and service as well.

If you want more info just shoot me a line at xitonecabs@gmail.com

Hey Craig,

I got a parts kit from the good folks at CNCRouterParts (CRP) and sourced the aluminum extrusion and cold rolled steel locally. I looked into a lot of different systems and went with CRP because the design was beefy enough to handle a larger water cooled spindle and it was something I could build and service as well.

Hey Craig,

Thanks Mic. I was just curious. Love looking at and learning about woodworking machines. I am in the process of creating a little hobby wood shop in my garage. I could never justify the cost of a CNC machine for hobby use. :)

Thanks Mic. I was just curious. Love looking at and learning about woodworking machines. I am in the process of creating a little hobby wood shop in my garage. I could never justify the cost of a CNC machine for hobby use. :)

Hey Craig, check out Carbide 3D Shapeoko 3 not a bad machine for the money I have been using one for almost a year now with really good results!

Back
Top Bottom