hopefully not a stupid question.....

Baz

Hey all, New Axe ii user here from merry old England, its not really that merry....... normally rains a lot!!

My question is about FRFR and the Axe ii - before you guys sigh i've used the earch n cant find anything.

Ok I built myself a tl806 spec cab for my delta pro speaker, i found it quite dark (more than i was anticipating) SO..... i got a little cheap 50w piezo tweeter and hooked it up to my cab (placed it in the large port hole for those who care). this brightened up the cab alot but it still sounded odd.

whilst testing the tweeter I left the back off the cab n it made a real diffrence when playing flet alot more roomy, bigger and a little brighter. swo i cut the back of my cab n thats how it stayed (onlt had it a few days).

Question - other than physical damage, sticking something through my speaker could running the speaker open and ported damage it? I run a matrix Gt800 amp @ 8 ohm (aparantly the tweeter doenst need a crossover)

when rhersing with my band last night i ran my set up and it didnt seem that loud. the patches were as loud as poss before the out 2 clipped . out 2 was on 10 and the matrix was half way up! it just didnt seem to fill the room like my amp used to, our rhythm guitarist had a nasty valvestate 100 n that seemed to p!$$ over my set up.

I am looking to build another cab but first i'm going to try galo's speaker combinations and see how that pans out, i really like the idea of FRFR n it sounds as it should (to me) but unless i can get it sending the sound out so i can here it then im going to have to look at another way.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong? is there any way to boos the output, on my old gtpro i could just select +4db from the global and it was ok there doesnt seem to be any thing like this on the Axe ii.. then wehn i engage my drive block it doesnt seem to get any louder just ends up clipping so (although its prob a good thing) you can here my solos.

Thanks in advance

Baz

quick advice: buy a known commodity, worthy speaker system.

(Would you expect your date to be "all in the mood and such" after you take her out for some fine dining at the local fast food burger joint, and if so, does she have a sister you can hook me up with? j/k. Same is true with the AFX...give it the proper respect it deserves and it will love you long time!)

Just my 2 cents...others on the forum will likely be willing to walk you through the process of DIY, and you may very well find the help you need and much success (and that would be great). Good luck either way! =)

Are you certain that you have the Delta Pro? There are several Delta models, including the LF which has limited high end response. Eminence has box specs for most of their drivers.

The Delta Pro 12A is a pretty dark sounding speaker, so that is not unusual.

The easy thing to do is to simply replace the Delta Pro with an EVM12L, since that TL806 is designed specifically for the 12L.

Back
Top Bottom