Holdsworth's "Zarabeth" using Simeon's patch.

After hearing this performance, I youtubed the original. The video I posted sounds much closer than yours.

HH2: if you're wanting an HH2, then no options are needed; if you're wanting a custom headless, two grand is still probably at least two grand less than anything else, starting.

Noriuky73 - Sorry, didn't mean to seem as though I was offended by your statement or suggest you stated a preference between Carvin and Agile. Neither is the case. I was just stating my preference. I grew up a few miles away from the Carvin factory and would go in there every five years or so wanting to like their products. I really wanted to, but I just never dug anything I played there. Their guitars felt like they were built by people who knew nothing about playing guitar - like the ergonomics of the instrument were off. I didn't like the way they sounded either (which, may be fairly attributable to the fact they only had Carvin amps, which are among the worst sounding amps I've ever played, to play through).

That said, I watched a video on this forum of a guy playing an 8-string Carvin (or was it 7?), and both his playing and tone were impeccable. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Regarding the trems on the extended range guitars, I have a trem on two of my 7s and they stayed in tune as well as my 6-strings with locking trems. BUT, I had to stick with light gauge strings. I imagine on an 8 it would be a nightmare. Personally, as much as I love them, I've moved away from guitars with trems. The constant need for micro-tuning adjustments drove me crazy. Surprisingly, I don't find myself missing it too often - really just vibratos here and there.

And thanks for the kind words about my playing!

That said, I watched a video on this forum of a guy playing an 8-string Carvin (or was it 7?), and both his playing and tone were impeccable. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Regarding the trems on the extended range guitars, I have a trem on two of my 7s and they stayed in tune as well as my 6-strings with locking trems. BUT, I had to stick with light gauge strings. I imagine on an 8 it would be a nightmare. Personally, as much as I love them, I've moved away from guitars with trems. The constant need for micro-tuning adjustments drove me crazy. Surprisingly, I don't find myself missing it too often - really just vibratos here and there.

Yeah , I remember , was a young talented Italian guitarist , FrancescoFiligoi in the forum ... He posted various videos , the last with a Carvin 7

About the trems ... I'm now only with a JP7 and I agree this micro adjustments , more on the bigger strings , it's just not for me

Last word , don't worry !! I would only be clear on my statement ... I'm terrible with my "songs learned English language "
I'm never sure if I wrote in an understandable way

Cheers and keep the good work on the tunes you're posting !!

Very last , It was very funny and amusing your video on the violin thing ... Oh man!! Last "Mark Day"'s faces just kills me !!

Thanks Brock.Great to get some feedback.

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to your stuff this morning.Love breathes life is a great track.Nice one!!

Im surprised how reasonable those guitars are mind.Wonder if you can get them in uk.Might have a look.

Best wishes

Craig

Why would Cliff model an obsolete and discontinued modeler? I had a Digitech RP-1, maybe he'd like to model that LOL.
Really?? My request was akin to asking Cliff to model to DOD Supra Distortion pedal. AKA, a joke. I don't really want him to model the ART. :|

From the DOD website: "The FX55 Supra Distortion has been around for a while, and it’s still going strong. I guess that classic amp-like distortion never goes out of style. With the same level, tone, and gain controls that it had over a decade ago, it’s like hanging out with an old friend."

Last edited:
I've moved away from guitars with trems. The constant need for micro-tuning adjustments drove me crazy. Surprisingly, I don't find myself missing it too often - really just vibratos here and there.

The Schaller locking bridge is supposed to be the awesome-est.

Back
Top Bottom