Hi Res Amp Model, Scenes and Amp 2

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I have not jumped into scenes yet but I will because I need them set up for new years. I have a question though a few FW back cliff added a a Hi Res amp block that was automatically on if we only used Amp1 and automatically disabled if we added Amp2. Is this still the case? I am curious to experiment with amp two in scenes but not at the price of loosing the hi res Amp1.

The difference is very subtle especially in live situations.

You say you "have" to use scenes soon, but if you also need to have a high res amp block, just use presets

I will mess with it, if I don't like it I will use scenes with just one amp. I was just thinking of experimenting with a 2nd amp.

I will mess with it, if I don't like it I will use scenes with just one amp. I was just thinking of experimenting with a 2nd amp.

In that case you can use Amp1's X/Y features to get two different amp sounds to use within your scenes.

In that case you can use Amp1's X/Y features to get two different amp sounds to use within your scenes.

Yes I am aware if that. I was pondering having 4 amps instead if two. It is all good I was just wonder how this feature was behaving now

I used to think that the best way to get a "fuller" sound was to use two amps together. Now I just use a cab block in stereo with two different IRs panned center and it works just as well.

The amps wouldn't be used together. It would be one amp at once with a totally of for amps to choose from

I use two amp blocks with scenes for truly seamless switching. The difference between the high res mode and normal mode (two amp blocks) is negligible IMHO.

I use two amp blocks with scenes for truly seamless switching. The difference between the high res mode and normal mode (two amp blocks) is negligible IMHO.

Right. Really the only thing it really does is reduce aliasing. But the aliasing was already extremely low before hi-res was even around. I imagine I could play a series clips where the only difference was hi-res a standard res and no one would be able to consistently pick which ones were hi-res.

Last edited:
I only record with hires amps and use lores blocks live [cos I like two different amps simultaneously]

Right. Really the only thing it really does is reduce aliasing. But the aliasing was already extremely low before hi-res was even around. I imagine I could play a series clips where the only difference was hi-res a standard res and no one would be able to consistently pick which ones were hi-res.

I only record with hires amps and use lores blocks live [cos I like two different amps simultaneously]

Cool! I am all about trying it out!

Back
Top Bottom