• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 Here's another quick holdsworth, fusiony take

and another one

Allan Holdsworth / Tim Miller influenced, Dm9 Legato arpeggio, multi position

This is based on one of the switch-back legato licks from Sheets of Sound for Legato Guitar V2 but it takes it a step further by attacking the riff in multiple positions.

This is a very cool lick and learning it will help open up your approach to legato and guitar in general by getting you out of box positions!

It's a bit tricky as it combines legato and sweep picking, a technique I like to use with my own hybrid picking - using legato and pick/fingers ascending but using some economy picking, descending. This is also how Tim Miller approaches this.

I'm using a fractal FM3 processor and a couple Holdsworth presets I got from Jeremey Poparad although I've modified them somewhat.

#AllanHoldsworth #TimMillerGuitar
#sheetsofsound #legatoguitar #hybridpicking
#jazzguitarlessons #guitarlessons
#jazzguitar #modernjazzguitar #jazzguitarriffs
#YamahaSG #quartalharmony

Back
Top Bottom