Here is the final setup (Axe FX III + Tube Amps + Outboard gears)

yillars

Hi all!

I'd been working around on how to connect all my gear into Axe FX III and finally found a solution to do it.
By having this setup that allows me to practice silently, record the whole rig, listen music, etc.

I'd like to hear your opinions, ideas, comments!

Cheers!

rack (1).png

IMG-9211.jpg

I used to run the TC2290 before I had the GCX switcher. I forgot that the 2290 also had the 5 analog loops (4 mono/1 stereo) which was cutting edge back then. That means when you run out of loops on the GCX you can insert more pedals into the 2290 loop. I can‘t remember if the 2290 loops are midi controlled or not since I used the 2290 foot switch.

What software did you use to draw this up? I just picked up a Eventide H9000 and Mesa Triple Crown head that I plan to setup in a wet/dry/wet configuration. The H9000 has 4 analog stereo ins that the processing can all be handled separately. I would like the Axe Fx to be the centerpiece and control it all but I need to map out all of the I/O first to see what is even feasible. I may need to add something like the RJM Effect switcher similar to how you have your GCX.

Hi!

I just drew a diagram (used free Figma app) based on your setup (see pictures below).
Since I have no experience with SPDIF and AES In and Outs, this might me a good solution for you.

If you have this type of setup, this allows you to put any pedal between the guitar signal and the amp. (first row on Axe-Edit),
and you can add any pedal to the dry (return) signal. (middle row on Axe-Edit),
and of course you can put in any timed pedal before going to Eventide. (last row on Axe-Edit).

GCX or RJM Effect switcher may give you the option to put your real stomp box pedals before Axe-Fx and you can switch any pedal using a MIDI connection.

Yes, TC2290 has 5 analog loops (4 mono and 1 stereo) but you can only use them right after TC2290 delays. So, you are not allowed to change the order to use these loops before TC2290. I mean you can only have a setup like; Guitar -> TC2290 -> TC's loops -> Amp, you can't use TC's loops before TC2290 itself. I only use the TC's loops for the SPX-90 as the GCX never runs out of loops and I never use time based pedals on the GCX.

Btw, buying an Eventide H9000 is a huge investment. Have fun with it :)

Attachments

• dia.png
    dia.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • axe.png
    axe.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 34
Yeah at first I thought the H9000 was a bit over the top until I saw everything it did. I primarily got it for my console in my mix room. The fact that you can do 4 independent stereo analog algorithms at the same time pretty much made my other analog outboard not needed anymore. It has 16 channels if you use the Emote app inside a DAW.

I also have a synth desk and with the Eventide it will really be a be a new instrument in its own right. The Eventide also has 8 channels of high end AD/DA conversion so I see it as a lot of value for the money.

Back to the guitar….I like how you drew this up. Thanks for doing that it gives me a good head start. I have a RJM effect gizmo on the way so it will give me plenty of I/O flexibility. I have not used the AES or SPDIF I/O with the Axe FX III before so I will need to experiment. ideally I can take a AES signal in to either device and output it to either of the analog out channels with the Axe FX.

Back
Top Bottom