Here is some question about Axe's SPDIF Jack

Peng Huang

Hi! Recently,I reset my re-amp system.My audio interface is SPL Crimson which sends the digital signal via SPDIF out to the Axe Fx.Crimson acts as the wordclock master and Axe Fx will be the slave.
Q1:Only 48kHz sample rate can I set in my project and wordclock? Can I set 44.1kHz?
Q2:I am nervous about the stability of wordclock via SPDIF,If you try this,please tell me if it is stable or not.

I am Chinese and my English is poor,wish u could understand my words and help me.THX!

Last edited:
Peng, you're welcome!
In fact your english is better than mine hehehe!

Since firmware 18.01 is possible to slave the Axe2 to an external clock.
I paste the release note:
Added “Word Clock” parameter to I/O->Audio menu. This selects the clock source for the A/D and D/A converters as follows:
Auto: uses the internal clock if the input source is Analog or USB. Uses the recovered SPDIF/AES clock if the input is SPDIF/AES.
SPDIF/AES IN: uses the recovered clock for all input sources. A valid 48 kHz data stream must be present at the AES or SPDIF input. If a valid stream is not detected the unit will fall back to the internal clock and display "NO INPUT CLOCK!". The SPDIF/AES select must be set to the appropriate value, i.e. if the data stream is input to the XLR jack then SPDIF/AES SELECT must be set to AES.

Reading "a valid 48 Khz data stream" I gather you can't put it at 44.1 khz, but you can resample later in your daw, most DAWs resamples on the fly.
More info:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/44-1-vs-48-khz.83972/

Peng, you're welcome!
In fact your english is better than mine hehehe!

Since firmware 18.01 is possible to slave the Axe2 to an external clock.
I paste the release note:
Added “Word Clock” parameter to I/O->Audio menu. This selects the clock source for the A/D and D/A converters as follows:
Auto: uses the internal clock if the input source is Analog or USB. Uses the recovered SPDIF/AES clock if the input is SPDIF/AES.
SPDIF/AES IN: uses the recovered clock for all input sources. A valid 48 kHz data stream must be present at the AES or SPDIF input. If a valid stream is not detected the unit will fall back to the internal clock and display "NO INPUT CLOCK!". The SPDIF/AES select must be set to the appropriate value, i.e. if the data stream is input to the XLR jack then SPDIF/AES SELECT must be set to AES.

Reading "a valid 48 Khz data stream" I gather you can't put it at 44.1 khz, but you can resample later in your daw, most DAWs resamples on the fly.
More info:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/44-1-vs-48-khz.83972/
Thank you very much!!

Back
Top Bottom