Help with output routing

Jvstrat

Experienced
Hey guys, I need help figuring out where I’m going wrong. I am getting ready to do a Christmas show where I am playing guitar and bass. I have two separate presets and I want the bass to only come out of output 2, and guitar to come out of output 1 when I’m on the guitar preset. That way the engineer has 2 different channels for me at the board. I made sure to get rid of the setting I had in Global’s to copy output 1 to output 2. The problem I am having is that on the bass preset I get no audio output on the front panel meters, and I just have an output 2 block at the end of the signal chain. Any ideas where I could be going wrong? Thanks for any advice.

Hey guys, I need help figuring out where I’m going wrong. I am getting ready to do a Christmas show where I am playing guitar and bass. I have two separate presets and I want the bass to only come out of output 2, and guitar to come out of output 1 when I’m on the guitar preset. That way the engineer has 2 different channels for me at the board. I made sure to get rid of the setting I had in Global’s to copy output 1 to output 2. The problem I am having is that on the bass preset I get no audio output on the front panel meters, and I just have an output 2 block at the end of the signal chain. Any ideas where I could be going wrong? Thanks for any advice.
What input is the bass going into? If it's not input 1, make sure the input block on that preset is correct. Also, make sure the output 2 knob on the Axe front panel is turned up. (that gotcha happens from time to time o_O )

What input is the bass going into? If it's not input 1, make sure the input block on that preset is correct. Also, make sure the output 2 knob on the Axe front panel is turned up. (that gotcha happens from time to time o_O )
Yeah it’s in input one. Yeah the knob is up, there’s input showing on the meter, but no output showing on the meter.

Post the preset. It’s a lot easier to diagnose the problem with it directly in front of us than by asking questions.

Also, look at p. 32 in the manual.

Not to muddy your troubleshooting or cloud your decisionmaking, but you could also use OUT 1 L and OUT 1 R if you're playing in mono.
Use two different channels in the output block, panning one to the left and the other to the right.

Not to muddy your troubleshooting or cloud your decisionmaking, but you could also use OUT 1 L and OUT 1 R if you're playing in mono.
Use two different channels in the output block, panning one to the left and the other to the right.
Yeah I’m actually running stereo on my guitar preset, but I appreciate the thought.

check for blocks with bypass set to "mute", but, as mentioned above, post the preset
Thanks guys. I’m not at my axe at the moment. It’s actually the Tom Hamilton Aerosmith bass preset from last Christmas they gave out as gifts of tone. I literally just changed output block at the end to output 2.

Back
Top Bottom