Help to toggle between Wah and Volume Block

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
Rather than start a whole new thread I just changed my question on this thread.

Right now im trying to use FM9 switch 6 to toggle between the volume block and the wah block. I have the button set as a control switch 2 and have the bypass set for both blocks to CS2. that allows me to bypass one block while activating the other. The problem is I want the auto engage for the wah to stay functional. Normally I want the wah block deavctivated and for it to activate when I move the expression pedal. Is this possible while still having both block toggle with a control switch?

Last edited:
Assign modifiers to Bypass on both the Wah and Volume blocks and select one of your external switches as the source for both. On one of those modifiers, swap the Start and End values. That will make the blocks toggle opposite each other.

For the tuner, you can either assign the other external switch directly to the tuner in the MIDI/Remote menu, or you can set up an unused switch in one of your FC layouts as a tuner switch and then set the other external switch up as a Stand In switch for that FC switch in the FC Controllers menu > Stand In Switch page on the front panel.

Assign modifiers to Bypass on both the Wah and Volume blocks and select one of your external switches as the source for both. On one of those modifiers, swap the Start and End values. That will make the blocks toggle opposite each other.
then I set the stand in switch as a Control switch? CS1? CS2?

You don't need to use a control switch. You can choose the external switch as the modifier source directly. It should be something like Pedal 2 or Pedal 3 depending on which jack it's plugged into.

You don't need to use a control switch. You can choose the external switch as the modifier source directly.
can you be a little more specific? sorry, I dont use a lot of modifers.
I also, have the wah set to auto engage so need to make sure that wont still auto engage when I toggle to the volume

ive got a control switch for FM9 button 6 set on the bypass for both the wah and volume block so that it toggles between the two blocks. I just cant figure out how to get the auto engage to still work while its on the wah block. The wah just stays engaged the whole time and doesnt disengage when in toe down position like it normally would with my preset.

ive got a control switch for FM9 button 6 set on the bypass for both the wah and volume block so that it toggles between the two blocks. I just cant figure out how to get the auto engage to still work while its on the wah block. The wah just stays engaged the whole time and doesnt disengage when in toe down position like it normally would with my preset.
Then that just sounds like an issue with the auto-engage settings. Can you post a screen shot from FM9-edit showing the settings?

If you change the ‘off value’ to 10%, does it disengage in the heel position?
its not disengaging when I have the CS being utilized to toggle between the two. If I remove the control switches then the autoengage will work in heel down or toe down

if I remove the control switch from the wah block, I can get the volume block to go on but the wah is still active while im using the volume block.

You can't use autoengage when a modifier is attached to the bypass parameter. That modifier will override it. You'll have to re-route the signal using other blocks. You can run a shunt in parallel to the wah block and use a MUX block after them to choose between those two paths instead. Your CS switch will then control both the Volume block Bypass and the MUX block input select. Autoengage will still turn the Wah block on when you are using the volume pedal, but you won't hear it because the MUX block is using the shunt for input then instead.

If your wah and volume blocks are at the same spot in your signal chain you can just put those two in parallel in front of the MUX block as well, but I prefer my volume control to be after the amp. I use my guitar's volume knob to control the level going into the amp.

Since you're using a CS switch to toggle them, you can assign one of your external switches to be a Stand In switch for that specific switch in your FC layout.

Last edited:
You can't use autoengage when a modifier is attached to the bypass parameter. That modifier will override it. You'll have to re-route the signal using other blocks. You can run a shunt in parallel to the wah block and use a MUX block after them to choose between those two paths instead. Your CS switch will then control both the Volume block Bypass and the MUX block input select. Autoengage will still turn the Wah block on when you are using the volume pedal, but you won't hear it because the MUX block is using the shunt for input then instead.

If your wah and volume blocks are at the same spot in your signal chain you can just put those two in parallel in front of the MUX block as well, but I prefer my volume control to be after the amp. I use my guitar's volume knob to control the level going into the amp.

Since you're using a CS switch to toggle them, you can assign one of your external switches to be a Stand In switch for that specific switch in your FC layout.
whats the mux block? Mixer?

GOT IT! had to reverse the parameters so it went Row 3 Row 2.
Thanks! Its working perfectly now.
My CPU is now around 83.8%. Is that too close for comfort on the FM9 turbo?

Assign a modifier to the Input Select parameter of the MUX block. Set the Source to your Control Switch and set MIN to the row of the Wah block and the MAX to the row of the shunt.

I know doing it yourself is the best to learn, but isn't it possible to put these set-ups like this in the exchange, with a clear explanation why use this instead of a different way ( I know I saw Leon/and Cooper also had a Tutor on you tube Think this building block would be nice with a scene ignore function turned on. Maybe it's already On exchange, I'm not ready to go over there, still going through the factory presets, as I only can play a hour or 2 each night. Lots of fun already, This weekend I hope to create my own preset for my rehearsal with the band on Monday, will be the first time

Back
Top Bottom