Help me decide, AXE FXII, Eventide Eclipse V4, or Pedal Pro

Hattrick17

Inspired
I am not really looking to go into the full modeling transition as of yet though may consider it down the road however I do want to add some excellent effects to my current rack. I am considering the Axe FX II, Eventide Eclipse V4 or a Pedal Pro. I am not interested in distortion effects at this time but do want great modulation, reverb, delay, flange, phase, chorus, and harmonizer with great routing options I am leaning on the Eventide because of single rack space but would love end user opinions.

I have owned an eventide h3000se and an eclipse, and while the quality was great for certain things, the routing alone on the ax-fx will destroy them. I believe the effects are on par, if not exceeding, but the routing abilities, and number of effects in a patch far surpass the other products. The eclipse had a pretty bad lag time on patch changes as well.

I forgot to mention one other item though not rack mounted. I have been watching a lot of demos on Strymon Pedals like the Timeline, Mobius, and El Capistan. Curious if this would be a better option for a bit less cash?

I've owned both the Timeline and Mobius before switching to the Axe FXII. They are great and awesome sounding pedals. One drawback is that you can only use one modulation effect at a time with the Mobius and one delay effect at a time with the Timeline. It wasn't a problem for me as I never wanted to run say the Phaser at the same time as the Chorus anyway. But it could possibly have been useful to run the autoswell and something else at the same time. Obviously with the Axe FXII, there are no such drawbacks and you can easily run several effects at the same time and in whatever order you want them. But yeah, $500 or so each for the Strymon pedals compared to the Axe FXII + a midi controller is a big difference.

If I wanted to go back to using an amp instead of the Axe FXII today, I would most likely have gone for the Strymon pedals and have all effects on a pedalboard instead of using something like the Axe FXII with the 4cm together with an amp.

I had a board with 3 Factor pedals and a timeline.
I have an Axe II now, and don't even think about the my old board.
There is nothing the other pedals can do that the Fractal can't do more of with vastly superior routing options and more parameters for better control. But don't take my word for it- only you can decide.

If I wanted to go back to using an amp instead of the Axe FXII today, I would most likely have gone for the Strymon pedals and have all effects on a pedal board instead of using something like the Axe FXII with the 4cm together with an amp.

Well there are other huge benefits of the Axe FX especially if you are looking to down size and go with a nice compact rig. If one weighs out selling off all your gear the Axe FX can be a bargain. Programming is a concern as well, I like the idea of being able to bring up unique patches which I am not sure one can do that with the Strymon stuff or not? Are the programmable?

Back
Top Bottom