Help me buy a new guitar!

mark12ax7

Buying a new Guitar, planning to spend around $1000.
What would you buy that sounds great through the Axe2?
Don't worry about the "it depends on what you play etc"
Just put what you would get and why.
Thanks in advance!

A US strat or G&L Legacy. For a bit more I would try to find a used 2012 Fender USA deluxe HSS strat. Fender did so many things right on those guitars they are killer

doesn't matter. They should all sound great through it. Only caveat might be if you don't like the pickups themselves. While I like all guitars, I do love the strat. You can't quite match the clean sounds they get and you can always turn up the gain to get a great distorted sound.

Ibanez RG1570

Locking tremolos aren't for everyone, but I have one of these that's about 7 years old. Sounds great through the Axe-Fx and very versatile. Like any guitar you buy, you may want to replace the pickups at some point, and adding a brass sustain block to the tremolo is a nice upgrade.

I just picked up a Gibson sg 61 reissue for $900. Sounds great through my axe.
Same with my les Paul's, strats, and suhr. It's great that you can tailor each preset to a specific guitar

This one meets all your requirements: around $1000, sounds great through the Axe, and don't ask me what I play.
wang.7.jpg

You've just asked! :lol

If you like sustainer systems the Schecter blackjack sustainiac is a real fun guitar to play that feels and sounds great

Huge fan of the Gibson SG. IMO, the SG is one of the best looking, sounding, and playing guitars for the money. You should have no trouble finding a nice one for around $1K.

This one meets all your requirements: around $1000, sounds great through the Axe, and don't ask me what I play.

You've just asked! :lol

Water, meet monitor.

On a serious note, I have a lot of of Dimarzio-equipped Music Man & Ibanez guitars, along with a Les Paul, and they all sound great. I also just picked up my first Fender Strat, a spotless "restock" American Special HSS for $700, which also sounds awesome through the AxeFX, especially on mid-gain stuff.

The next guitar I buy will be one I made myself, but failing that I'd be looking at an independant builder rather than a big name. Having said that, the most important thing I would have thought was to get your hands on it, you cant spend that much money on something you haven't handled. I never thought I would say this but recently I was in a music shop and they had some Telecasters, I think they were Custom Shop models and I was amazed at how good they were so my advice would be either an independant builder or a Custom Shop Tele.

I'd buy and Ibanez or a wolfgang special.Why cause I love all my Ibanez's and I alway wanted to get a wolfgang

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I had looked at the Suhr rasmus and look real solid.
Besides the 2012 strat deluxe any other Fender model come to mind? 72 Thinline reissue?

You're going to have to decide which direction you want to go in. Strat, Tele, some hybrid. We can list a 1000 guitars for under $1000, and if you're not at least giving us an idea of what you want to use it for, then its a little tough.

-All around guitar?
-Mayer covers?
-Brootalz?

FWIW, I'd post (and search) over on TGP under guitars. You'll get a larger audience and more that focus on this sort of thing. The Axe is an amp (actually a pile of amps, etc)...it will work great with whatever you get.

Back
Top Bottom