Help making a synth tone?

D_Stedz

Hey everyone, first time posting here I'm happy to be apart! Love my axe fx.. I've been wanting to see if I can get a synthy tone similar to what you can do with an electro harmonix POG (eg Kurt Rosenwinkel). Like some way to shave off some of the attack or maybe some EQ'ing tip within the synth block? Any help would be greatly appreciated :) thanks

Here’s something I did with the volume block that gets pretty close.

My volume block settings are: Linear, Level at +5.7 db. Everything else is default.

Modifier on the Volume Control is an envelope follower. Threshold is -40db, Attack is 60ms, Release is 1ms. Everything else is default.

It works pretty well. Not perfect. Certainly doesn't have the flutey tone he gets from the POB.

I am about 30 years behind his chording vocabulary.

Awesome man appreciate this! I'll have to try that out. Kurt is a monster haha.. thanks for the quick response!

Awesome man appreciate this! I'll have to try that out. Kurt is a monster haha.. thanks for the quick response!

You’re welcome.

One tip. The above doesn’t ‘recover’ as fast as the POG. I end up playing legato a lot more as a result. Still it’s a cool effect. In fact I have it set as a global block.

You’re welcome.

One tip. The above doesn’t ‘recover’ as fast as the POG. I end up playing legato a lot more as a result. Still it’s a cool effect. In fact I have it set as a global block.
Man this is really cool I've been messing around with it, thanks again. Where is 'Threshold' though in the modifier menu?

the auto swell type in the volume block is your best bet. adjust the threshold to where you get the response you want and tweak the attack time. works pretty good and you can play chords too. put it first in your chain. you can follow it up with a compressor if you want (i think kurt uses one after his pog)

a bit like this

the auto swell type in the volume block is your best bet. adjust the threshold to where you get the response you want and tweak the attack time. works pretty good and you can play chords too. put it first in your chain. you can follow it up with a compressor if you want (i think kurt uses one after his pog)

a bit like this

For some reason, I had better luck going with the modifier approach than the auto swell setting in the volume block. Not sure why but I'll revisit it.

And you are correct re: Kurt and the compressor. I didn't care for it with the way I have it set up.

Back
Top Bottom