Hello! And what am I doing wrong?

You want larger than a 5" woofer to get closer to the visceral experience of an actual Amp. You'll find 5" to still be lacking in the low to low-mid ranges. A lot of people swear by the ADAM T7V. I have a pair of the higher-end A7V in my near future.

Also, to help level set your expectations. Here is a play through of the first 26 presets on the FM3.

Listen with your phones and then compare to your own. He is recording direct to DAW so you should be getting what Frank is getting, aside from differences in guitars and any YouTube audio compression.

Adding a sub is what really helped me. Helps get that room vibration and chug that cabs have and studio monitors and headphones dont.

When anyone tells me that they're getting thin tones out of headphones, they probably are using mono headphones and/or not using the proper headphone adapter and as a result hearing a phase cancelled tone. I would strongly double check you have stereo headphones AND a stereo headphone adapter when using the headphone jack.

When anyone tells me that they're getting thin tones out of headphones, they probably are using mono headphones and/or not using the proper headphone adapter and as a result hearing a phase cancelled tone. I would strongly double check you have stereo headphones AND a stereo headphone adapter when using the headphone jack.
Ooh summing to mono is definitely a thing. That actually got me when I pulled out the FM3 for the DynaCab beta. I forgot that the last time I used it I set the Output 1 in the I/O Settings to Sum L+R since I was going mono to FOH.

Adding a sub is what really helped me. Helps get that room vibration and chug that cabs have and studio monitors and headphones dont.
True that can help. But it can be counter productive to dialing in a live tone. If you adjust for all that bass and then plug into a house system and find you are lacking a lot of lows.

Very true. I started enjoying phones when I changed to stereo. Big difference.

True that can help. But it can be counter productive to dialing in a live tone. If you adjust for all that bass and then plug into a house system and find you are lacking a lot of lows.
I don't play out, so that is not a concern for me.

Back
Top Bottom