Has anyone thought of this...

zander

Inspired
Here's a fanciful question:

What is the total number of combinations of Amps, Cabs, Effects, Settings (Parameters) on the AXE-FX II?

The number has to be huge. A number like that would put things into perspective when waiting for FW updates. :)

Infinite if you consider some of the parameters beeing floating numbers, ranging from 0.0 to 10.0 for instance...

Shhhh... Don't let Cliff know... ;-)

Not what you're asking but, "more than I'll ever get around to fully utilizing"...

What blows my mind is how much people used to pay for Eventides and the equivalent and how exponentially more versatile the Axe is, and yet they keep adding functionality to it.

Infinite if you consider some of the parameters beeing floating numbers, ranging from 0.0 to 10.0 for instance...

I thought of this after reading about the FAS Crunch Alien Love Song effect (glitch?).

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/61189-fas-crunch-anyone-else-experiencing.html

Just the parameters themselves (not the values), it's still HUGE. Imagine the time it takes to test all of those. It's not like you can flip through and say "Yep, that works." You have to consider "noodling time", which I'm thinking cannot be calculated. ;)

Back
Top Bottom