hardware wish

nnajar

it won't happen I'm sure, but if fractal releases new hardware at some point, I'd really love more assignable outputs. the axe is to me the best all in one that exists, but I'm still not 100% happy with everything in it. sometimes you want to integrate something else into the rig. having 2 stereo effect loops plus the main output instead of just one would be a huge improvement in functionality, for integrating this thing into component based guitar rigs. the axe could easily be the center and heart of a rig. right now there are compromises because the axe is really designed to only be used as an all in one.

N

nnajar said:
it won't happen I'm sure, but if fractal releases new hardware at some point, I'd really love more assignable outputs. the axe is to me the best all in one that exists, but I'm still not 100% happy with everything in it. sometimes you want to integrate something else into the rig. having 2 stereo effect loops plus the main output instead of just one would be a huge improvement in functionality, for integrating this thing into component based guitar rigs. the axe could easily be the center and heart of a rig. right now there are compromises because the axe is really designed to only be used as an all in one.

N

The only problems with that are that each new I/O pair will involve a new pair of digital converters. And the DACs that Fractal uses are state-of-the-art and very expensive.
Plus if you had several nested effects loops your signal will be digitized and un-digitized several times which will add considerable latency to the signal.

One possible way to do what you're asking for, sort of, would be to have 1 or more extra FX loops that use S/PDIF I/O. Of course your external effects would need to have S/PDIF I/O capability too.

Back
Top Bottom