Happened again!! Lost another spring on my MFC switch

rocknroling

Inspired
This makes #3. Went to work on some material and another footswitch is not working today (worked fine last night, and never moved it today). I can hear the little tiny spring rolling around inside the casing. So now I have to take the whole thing apart again and either reattach the spring or replace the switch all together. When this happened the first time, I was smart and bought a few spares. Now I think as precaution, I may just replace all of the switches as it is clear I had a bad batch used when mine was assembled. I keep my board secure and fastened down in my Diego Showman pedal case and there isn't a scuff on that. More than likely it is these crappy mid-west winters. I can see the metal from the spring contracting due to the cold and loosing some of the friction that holds it in. Just a pain to take this apart, thank goodness it was on switch #6 so it is right on the end.

If you are under warranty don't open it up without calling tech support first. The first week I had my MFC, I had a screw stick when I was removing the plastic feet to mount it on my pedalboard and it turns out the nut that was splined and press fit on the board was defective or the threads were bad on the screw. No big deal I thought so I just cut the screw in half to be able to remove it and opened up the board to remove the loose piece in there before it shorted something. When I called Fractal to see what I could do to get a nut for the screw to anchor to I was told I had voided my warranty and they wouldn't support or help me with it anymore because I didn't call first before I opened it. They said that if I had called and they told me to open it up it would have been ok. I had only had it for three days and had no idea they were that strict from any of the documentation.

Back
Top Bottom