Guitarists Anonymous

Is there such a group? I think I need help. 😁 Another guitar has caught my eye and I worked out a nice discount for it. I was thinking to myself that it’s been a while since I’ve bought a guitar and then I realized that I just got a nice acoustic recently. Before that, I just got a bass in December. (Does a bass really count though)? Shortly before that, I got my wonderful Wolfgang. And not too long before that, I got another guitar.

I was thinking at least I haven’t bought any amps or pedals in a while but then I remembered that I bought a new bass rig (amp, pedals). Again, I don’t think that counts.

I think I have a problem. (And yes, the new guitar should be in my hands in a few days).

You are not alone and only one with this kind question :)

I had same questions in my head 2 years ago and decided to do something about it.
I sold some expensive guitars and bought few affordable price guitars and same time
I made my amount of guitars much less.

Other thing was that I more need to concentrate playing itself than buying guitars, I realize that
I have enough of guitars and amount of guitars don't really give any extra boost to me or my
"skills" (still feeling im forever beginner ;) )

Instead of only guitar I started to play little bit about keyboards (I have also Pa4X) and trying to
learn little bit this area too.

As long your buying don't disturb you other life and economy things are quite okay, but more important
thing in music is not amount of instruments but good music and musical skills, so certain amount of guitars are
enough and too many don't bring more quality or make things more better.

Lastly some pictures (I was like that man with guitars but then I decided to chance direction)

GuitaristSweetDream.jpg

Buy Keyoboard and make music.jpg

Although I buy a lot, I also sell often I’m definitely not a hoarder. It’s rare that I hold a guitar for over three years. I told my guitar salesman that I don’t buy guitars, I lease them. 😁
I tried keys but they’re really alien to me. Synths have a big learning curve too (at least the ones I’ve had). Instead, I branched out with playing bass and I’m absolutely loving it! A bass habit is so much less expensive than guitar…
Pics are coming soon. I’ve been updated with those wonderful words “Out for delivery.”

Back
Top Bottom