Great Customer Service

fcs101

Axe-Master
I want to give a shout out to Fractal's customer service.

I upgraded to the FM3 MkII on 7/17/23 and received my unit on 7/21/23. One week later it had developed volume transients. It would sometimes rapidly raise and lower the volume or at other times it would lower the volume and just stay there. I opened a warranty request and Mark Day got right to it. After the preliminary trouble shooting he got a return authorization issued and Fractal had the unit back by about 8/4/23. After repairing the unit (replaced both encoders (?)) I had the unit back by about 8/10/23.

At first it seemed everything was fine, but then volume transients began. They were less severe, but still there. I waited a few days to make notes and then notified Fractal. They were quick to issue a return ticket and had the unit back by 8/18/23 which was a Friday. I got an email on Monday, 8/21/23, saying a technician would have it diagnosed within 2 days. Later that same day I got another email saying a replacement unit was heading my way.

I received the replacement unit today, 8/24/23, and I'm pleased to say that everything seems great.

Key takeaways:

1. These guys are so easy to get ahold of and deal with.
2. Everything is very professional and polite.
3. They are very responsive.
4. They aim to treat you right. Mark Day's first email to me stated upfront they were going to make sure everything was made right and at no expense to me, and that happened. One other thing is that after returning this unit for the second time part of me really didn't want the same one back. I think I would've always been suspicious of it. So I was very thankful to just be issued a replacement unit.

I just want to say thanks and put out a good news story. Thanks Fractal, Mark, Michael, and Anthony (and of course Cliff)!

i had a silly issue/question with my output1 clipping led...Matt diagnosed, and, as usual, determined it was operator error :p:p
same experience - superior (and very patient) customer service 👏 👏

Mark is very patient and responsive. He told me to expect the return shipping label. It never showed up (checked my spam folder) so I let him know. He'd try again (using their automated system) without success. Finally he's just like "here I'm emailing it direct to you". Great guy.

If anyone makes a warranty claim be certain it isn't operator error or the #1 culprit a bad cable. I had a very easy time of checking cables. I still have my first gen unit so I'd just swap out units.

Back
Top Bottom