Golden Ratio (Phi)

How about "Phi" as a choice in the tempo menu? I'd rather the Axe-Fx do the computing than having to get out the calculator to multiply by .618 each time the bpm changes.

I don't think that's really useful: It's a ratio after all, and the point would rather be to have two delays, with a delay time being that ratio. For that, you would need 1*phi, 1/2*phi, dotted 1/2*phi values for the tempo etc.

Also, since it's not that usual a request, is it really a problem to do the multiplying yourself?

As for enlightenment: How 'bout google or wikipedia... :cool:

Yes, I'm talking about for dual or stereo delays. Also, as a relationship between the speed and depth of modulation, just like Golden Ratio function found on certain TC Electronic models.

It is an unusual request but I think it fits the profile of something that would have broad application with in time based effects in the axe-fx as a modifier. maybe a time ratio field so you can do more than the ine ratio???

Delay4Days said:
Yes, I'm talking about for dual or stereo delays. Also, as a relationship between the speed and depth of modulation, just like Golden Ratio function found on certain TC Electronic models.

Doesn't the autodepth serve a similar function?

Crikey! You're right. How did I over look that? The "auto-depth" function is the same as the "golden ratio" on the TC Electronic units. Even looks like the description in the manual was taken from the G-Force manual. :lol: Ah well, I'd still like to see a phi setting like the one found on the PigTronix Echolution.

Back
Top Bottom