Wish Global Blocks on FM3 Still Wishful Thinking?

marklumsley

So ever since the AFXIII got gapless switching, I was under the impression that the FM3 would never get this luxury.
BUT... now that it has become a reality, I now wonder if the possibility of working on global blocks for the FM3 is back on the table, maybe?
If not, could someone hopefully give me the inside scoop on why it can't be done (without getting too technical haha)?

So ever since the AFXIII got gapless switching, I was under the impression that the FM3 would never get this luxury.
BUT... now that it has become a reality, I now wonder if the possibility of working on global blocks for the FM3 is back on the table, maybe?
If not, could someone hopefully give me the inside scoop on why it can't be done (without getting too technical haha)?
CPU limitations it uses a lot
It’s not even available on the FM9 turbos

CPU limitations it uses a lot
It’s not even available on the FM9 turbos

Do you have proof of CPU usage using a lot? I see no reason why it would use any, or if it did very minimal. Now memory to store the global blocks is a different thing.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but...
im not saying ancient aliens GIF by Giffffr

ancient aliens yes GIF

Do you have proof of CPU usage using a lot? I see no reason why it would use any, or if it did very minimal. Now memory to store the global blocks is a different thing.
It could very well be the memory required
I don’t recall specifically but many have asked to question and received the not possible answer

Well that's a bummer. :/

Hopefully some sort of new workaround or discovery will come into effect.
I initially thought that gapless was impossible for the base FM3 model due to memory constraints, yet here we are!

Everybody wants Global Blocks for different things.

Why would they implement it only for the Volume block?

You can already setup global volume control at the beginning or end of the signal path...
I mean the output volume, am I able to do so?

I mean the output volume, am I able to do so?
If it's at the end of the signal path it'd be the output volume. See "Global Volume Setup" on p. 13 in the manual. An alternate is to use the controller to set the Output level of the Out block via a modifier. You could also do it on the Amp or Cab block's Output Level, or anywhere else after the Amp block.

I use a VolPan block before the amp, because I want it to act more like the guitar's volume knob, which will go from clean to distorted. Putting the same block after the Amp, or using the global volume, will control the output level without changing the amount of distortion. It's an artistic-expression thing which you use.

If it's at the end of the signal path it'd be the output volume. See "Global Volume Setup" on p. 13 in the manual. An alternate is to use the controller to set the Output level of the Out block via a modifier. You could also do it on the Amp or Cab block's Output Level, or anywhere else after the Amp block.

I use a VolPan block before the amp, because I want it to act more like the guitar's volume knob, which will go from clean to distorted. Putting the same block after the Amp, or using the global volume, will control the output level without changing the amount of distortion. It's an artistic-expression thing which you use.
Thank You So Much GIF

Back
Top Bottom