Gig tomorrow with zero prep time. Favorite factory presets for clean/edgy soul/funk?

David777

I've got a gig tomorrow with a horn band and no time to prep on the FX-III.

I'd truly appreciate any thoughts on clean/edge factory presets that would work good with MoTown, Funk, Soul.

I'm playing a Strat.

Thanks!!!

Oh, Jesus. Well……good luck lol. You really dont have 15 min to grow your own before showtime? My fave for lighter stuff is the doubleverb silver but at least get the fx blocks to your liking in the preset.

i suggest use whatever presets/tones you are already comfortable with. use the volume knob to clean things up if needed.

gigging with amps and tones you aren't familiar with could be more difficult than adjusting tones you already know.

Do it how you would normally, pick your amp and cab, drop in some pedal blocks of your liking before the amp, add delay/verb what ever you need. Using the editor you can have a perfectly good preset with scenes up and running very quickly.

I'd truly appreciate any thoughts on clean/edge factory presets that would work good with MoTown, Funk, Soul.

I'm playing a Strat.

Thanks!!!

What will you be playing through to hear yourself?

Ok, so we had 2 hours of time between finishing sound check and the downbeat of the gig, so I had the rare opportunity of TIME to quickly scan and try out the preset titles and try the ones that I thought by the title may be clean or a little edgy. I ended up adding these to my RC-12 and set the volume levels for each.

0022: Superverb
0125: Dual Clean
0150: Smokey Jazz (which is PERFECT for Al Green's LET'S STAY TOGETHER)
0355: 80's Clean
0112: Subtle Blues
0019: Vibrato King
0140: Enumerating Ravens

In that 2 hour window I also finally figured out - thanks to this forum - how to set up my Fractal Expression Pedal as a global volume control.

Thanks again for the suggestions and help!

I'm playing a Strat.

Thanks!!!
You re a warrior :tearsofjoy: luckily it went well

Back
Top Bottom