Gig Recording : from onboard camera mic

monkjunior

Just found this was taken some time in 2012 i think july/august,

was filling in for band, someone wanted to dance with the singer so i took a song,
recorded by a small kodak zi8 camera, on board mic, guitar gets lost in some parts...
and i got lost in the solo but meh, thats how you know its live!! ;-)

backline was supplied at gig so i plugged my axe into the return of a fender hot rod deluxe.....

strat - axefx - hrd (fx loop return)

Did you just turn off power amp and cab sims, or did you already have patches set up for using an amps fx-return?
Sounds good, thanks for sharing.

yeah turned of cab and power amp sims, was done on the fly, probably would have been better going foh only but it is kinda a weird setup, they have half a line array vrx as FOH, and monitors most of the stage sound although mic'ed is not really put through system, so thought id better use what was there, i figured it was either the HRD return, or they had a randall, which i knew nothing about or had any experience with,

on stage it sounded so so bright but out the front from this camera not so much and i guess the cabinet is not really facing the camera.....

More and more im finding what im hearing in my head and whats being heard out the front isnt so much in line, which is probably not a good thing, and so doing a lot more tweaking via recording and playback both audio and video, so i can reset my internal calibrations for what sounds goog to me and what will sound good out the front, that probably sounds a bit weird, it makes sense in my own head!

Back
Top Bottom