GIFT OF TONE 2023 #5 - Justin Derrico

Yeah, I do this for every GOT - load AXE3 into FM3 version and make a new preset out of it, or just save blocks I don't need right now.
However, probably due to grid limit, not all blocks seem to be are loading. Like when I've loaded AXE3 version of to FM3, both synth and cab blocks were missing.
I think a clever workaround for this once you’re able to get all the blocks saved would be songs & setlists and you can have multiple songs and sections and have as much or as little as you need effects wise within ln each section. What I plan to do anyways

The way time-based effects section in this preset works is a something else
This configuration of Delay into MDelay into Reverb into Enhancer sounds so good to me that it immediately became my "go to" - thanks Justin and Cooper and sorry that I have to steal this!
Added 8dB in-amp Shimmer boost to Clean preset and crying of joy

@Cooper Carter
Can you tell us something about the IR‘s which cab was used to capture them?

And yeah Holy Moly that’s a lot of gain, even with my low output PAF Pickups and there is a lot of bass but that bundle is so much fun!!!
And I’m interested in the signal chain because the level is so high and there is so much bass, there must be something before or after the axe.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
The way time-based effects section in this preset works is a something else
This configuration of Delay into MDelay into Reverb into Enhancer sounds so good to me that it immediately became my "go to" - thanks Justin and Cooper and sorry that I have to steal this!
Added 8dB in-amp Shimmer boost to Clean preset and crying of joy
Damn i really need this week to speed up so I can get to my fm9 🙃🙂🙂

Not in the FM9. There is no pitch block in the preset.
I was looking for the Whammy as well (and really like the way it's integrated with the external pedal and WAH using the M-Plex block). What worked for me was to import the III preset into my FM9. Will (as expected) immediately go to 100% CPU. In order to then reduce the CPU below overload, I deleted a few blocks that I could live without. Hit Save.

I often import axe3 or fm9 presets on my fm3, delete what I don't want to free cpu and save the blocks I like.

it's just impossible as the imports does not work with this preset. I get an empty grid after importing.

Any solutions?

Back
Top Bottom